Meet the Fockers

Ok first things 1st. The Meet the Parents dinner went so well last night. My future DIL's parent's were very nice and we chatted and laughed and just had a great time. They just adore my son. It makes me so happy I cried on the home. I am a boob. Her mother sent me a message on FB telling me I am a lucky mom. I really, really am. I think she's a pretty lucky mom herself. Those 2 kids are so in love and it's adorable. The bride has lots of cute ideas. Her and my daughter were getting so excited about the wedding planning. I can tell my daughter really likes the bride. My daughter has a half sister that lives here in the valley, but she doesn't really have alot in common with her. This could be the sister she always wanted.

I was out the door by 5 am got in another 5 miles this morning. The last 1/2 mile I was begging them to just roll me home. I made it, but my butt and hips were killing. They feel much better now. I love my walking buddies and the early morning visits. The Happy Couple served eggplant last night and salad. There was also garlic bread and a small root beer float. I ate everything, in moderation. This morning we were talking about a friend of ours that is starving herself to the point that she almost passed out yesterday. CRAZY. I told myself when I started this thing 80 lbs ago that I wasn't going to do anything I didn't think I could do for a lifetime. So far, so good.

I am thinking I might do some food shopping. Then we are going to see Toy Story. Those movies are so cute. I am going to try it in 3D. Hope it doesn't make me want to hurl. I keep thinking it's going to make me sick to my stomach. Probably will go out to my daughter's for Father's Day tomorrow after church. Some swimming later this afternoon.

As you can tell the resentment has eased alot. Not all the way, of course, but now I am not thinking and talking about it 24/7. Feeling the freedom of that is awesome! I am going to get a week off from all bosses next week. Who knew! I could really use the break. Absence makes the hear grow fonder. Or something like that.

Keep the mood and the food real...........P.S. will try to get a picture of the dress today. don't give up on me!

Comments

  1. I am so glad that the meeting went well. I'm so glad that the families appear to mesh well. That is awesome and a great blessing.

    Doing this for a lifetime is the only way to fly! I had pizza yesterday and I had it in moderation. Yep, I can live like this :-)

    You do sound good and I'm very glad. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - what Roxie said!
    Isn't it good when the problem FINALLY is not on your mind 24/7!
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad the meeting went well. I really LOL at your title today- so funny! truth be told- Sean & I have yet to introduce our families- I think we are too scared!!!! lol After 10 years I think it's time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great when you can get along the the in-laws :) And time will definitely take the edge off of the resentment.
    Have fun at the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog look! Much easier to read too. (The orange background was a bit difficult for me.) That new blogger design feature is easy, isn't it.

    Tears of happiness about your son and his fiancee...so much better than the tears of sadness and resentment you have shed lately about the car thing. :)

    Hope you enjoy the 3-D movie. I can't see 3-D because of my vision correction surgery, so I guess I'll never know what it's like. I too do hope you don't HURL! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems everyone is switching up their blogs. Liking the new look missus.

    wooho glad the dinner went so well. <3

    I have another month to wait for toy story 3 damnit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your new look :)

    So glad everything went well at the dinner, have they loving couple set a date yet?

    Enjoy thye movies, we have just watched The Chipmunks, The Squeakquel" a good giggle to finish a greatday.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS TITLE! Your sense of humor cracks me up! Happy to hear the meeting went so well - it's sweet to see young adults on the brink of their lives together. And I'm glad you enjoyed the meal, in moderation. :)

    Careful with your walking if your hips are hurting - you may want to scale back on the mileage for a bit until they adjust...no need to be really sore like that if you can help it.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something om my blog for you.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad the dinner went well and LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!!

    where have I been?!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been out of town--I love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you love the new in-laws that's always a big plus and eases the mind to know you'll have a good future with them and their daughter. Way to go on the 5 miles you are doing terrific. Glad the resentment is easing too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman