be brave

I loved this picture from yesterday. It's me with Sweet Nadine's great grandaughter. She sang the sweetest song at her grandma's funeral and was very very brave. The service was awesome. Lots of music and singing, and LAUGHTER. Her son-in-laws spoke briefly and they were so funny. She loved to play card games, and she won..alot. Her son-in-laws insist that she cheated. She didn't of course, but it was just funny. The family ( epsecially Nadine's granddaughter's )insisted that I sit on the front row with them. Which made me so emotional that I went into the ugly cry. I am so thankful to have the privledge of beign a part of that wonderful family.

I pulled it together and actually enjoyed by day. Then I went to see the Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was stupid, wait for the video. I really like Jennifer Garner, she was good...but the movie was just stupid and predictable. I ate ok yesterday. I came back for a luncheon at the church and ate the yummy "funeral potatoes" Cheesey potatoes. I passed on the desserts and felt ok with my choice. Water intake could have been better too. I walked yesterday morning with both of walking buddies at the bird park. They enjoyed it and wished I would have showed them earlier, as it's going to turn too hot to walk outside unless it's early.

I am still having the zoloft tingles.....but they are getting less and less. I will be so glad when it's over. The knee is less sore and I was able to walk over 2 miles yesterday morning. I am on my way out the door to walk the neighborhood this morning. Then I might ride out and make breakfast for the grandkids and let my son-in-law sleep in. He gets up with the kids on his days off. He is really a big help around the house. I tell my daughter she better hang on to him. He even dresses and tries to do the girls hair. Then I will head back for church this afternoon.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend...............Be brave

Comments

  1. She's adorable!

    Sounds like a very nice service for a extremely wonderful woman!

    What a funeral potatoes???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. I'm glad the funeral was nice and full of laughter. That's the way it is supposed to be.

    I'm glad your zoloft tingles are lessening. That zoloft sounds like a very bad drug.

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I am definitely going through some interesting thought processes in my journey to mental health. Sometimes I just want to give up and go back to my crazy mind set. I'd lived with it so long that at least it felt safe. It encourages me when people make positive comments like yours. They help me so much to keep working at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great photo. I'm glad Sweet Nadine's life was celebrated with such joy--that's the way it should be. Tears and joy.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous! It's nice to finally see your head, lol!

    I'm glad the service was so nice - sounds like a wonderful celebration of a lovely woman's life.

    Hope you have a nice day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to SEE you! I mean your head that is...:) I know what you mean i have an ugly cry too. And you never know when its gonna hit you. It just sneaks up and its out before you know what hit you.
    I'm glad the day was a good one. Its fortunate to be able to celebrate a life like that and not dwell on the death.
    What a sweet picture. Have a good day girl. I know what you mean about hot weather coming. We hit 90's again this week. Yuk! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with everyone else: so you do have a head! And a beautiful face to go with it.

    What an honor to be able to sit with the family.

    Laughter, tears and memories are going to keep on coming. Embrace it and keep moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me agree with the others! You are gorgeous - and what a treasure Nadine must have been to have such a joyful celebration of her life. It sounds like it was a life well-lived. May we all be so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

A Traditionally Built Woman

Dana Does Cancer