ZERO

I was waiting in line at the food store for the comparison/coupon shopper in front of me ( yes I usually pick the SLOWEST line ) to get all the $$ off she deserves. While in line I see the above candy bar STARING at me. Begging me to try it. I picked it up...it told me it had carmel, peanuts, and ALMONDS and covered in white chocolate. I racked my brain. Had I ever eaten all four of those things in one candy bar. Was I missing out? Would this be my one and only chance to try this? Hurry up lady....my will power is fading. I picked that stupid candy bar up 3 times. I had a battle with ME right there in the food store line. I started to sweat, then I got pissed, then...........finally it was my turn. The cashier rang me up......without the candy bar. I ran out of the store and literally peeled out of the parking lot. What the heck?? I was so happy that I didn't buy that candy bar that I was weeping. VICTORY! It's the small victories that win the war!!

Things are going good. I have done real well with tracking....I got that clicker count thing from WW Monday night and it sure helps! I have been walking 3 miles a day. Last night at my daughter's she had me doing leg lifts and sit ups and push ups. Is she trying to kill me?...I don't have that much life insurance! I throughly enjoyed the grandkids and we watched the Biggest Loser. I don't usually watch it, but my daughter does. I was inspired. Helen is my age exactly. If she can do it, so can I.

I went to plug in my printer to get my free KFC meal from Oprah and all my power went off upstairs. Flipped the breakers without any luck....is the universe trying to tell me something??? I guess I have to call an electrician. Again I say......What the HECK!

Called the doctor, finally got a return call yesterday. I have an appointment the 20th. Still have the zoloft tingles, and Dr. said I should tamper off more slowly and called in another few pills for me. Never again....never!!!

Still no word about the houses I have bid on. They are both short sales so it might be awhile. I can wait.

Have a great hump day.............claim your own victory today!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on having the discipline to not buying the candy bar!!! Regret just doesn't taste good anyway, Victory taste a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo, congrats on that victory. Actually, it's not a small victory--it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture you peeling out of that parking lot! yay! yesterday I threw away some mcdonald french fries when I realized how many calories they had.....yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small victories are still VICTORIES! Not buying that candy bar is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - well done on giving that bar a miss. Why oh, why do they bring out nice new bars when we are dieting, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the description of your battle with the candy bar...and I can so relate! Good for you for beating that temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I'm so proud of you for walking away! Every single little victory counts! Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!! You didn't succumb to the temptation of that candy bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are great victories!!! I highly recommend getting some Godiva Dark Chocolate Pearls. You get teh chocolate fix for only 25 calories a serving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on resisting that temptation! I'm guessing the "Zero" isn't the calorie and fat content! ;-)

    I do eat Dove Dark Chocolate every day. 2 small squares. I bite them in half and just let that piece melt in my mouth. Very satisfying!

    Too funny about the power going out at that time. But KFC does have grilled chicken now, so that's definitely better than the deep fat fried with extra crispy coating kind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIG BIG VICTORY!!!

    I had one yesterday too.
    did something I was so nervous about doing and it wasnt as bad as Id thought it could be :)

    go us!


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a huge victory, you should be happy! Often when the pressure is on and the cashier is ringing up my items and I just chuck the choclate bar in without thinking properly...

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman