4o lbs gone

I can hardly believe it. I lost 5.8 lbs this week. That's a total of exactly 40 lbs. I am am kind of freaking out right now. Still not sure what to think. I didn't track anything, but I walked 4 miles this morning like it was nothing. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or right. I ate 2 very good girl scout cookies. My son-in-law, the skinny without trying kid, bought cases.....yes I said cases....of the coconut kind. MY FAVORITES. The most important word of the last 2 sentence was TWO! I had 2 cookies, not a 2boxes. I was not even tempted this week. Why this week. I have no earthly clue. I focused more on not binging and eating good for me foods ( thanks Roxie, great idea ) . Plus, I have been also paying attention to if I am really hungry, then eating filling foods. Trying to honestly decide if I am "using" food.

I know that this is highly unusal. For some odd reason this week everything worked well this week. My attitude was stellar. I was so focused on how I was going to handle it mentally if I didn't get a loss tonight. I seriously didn't know how to act when she told me 5.8 lbs lost. I almost cried right there. Lots of happy tears lately. Now that might have something to do with the hormone patch...lol I am also 2 weeks into my new hormone patch. I wonder if that might have something to do with my success.

I am stunned and very happy.....I am trying to convince myself I would have felt this way regardless of what the scales said.........just because of all my NSV insights. I will have the chance to fall back on that in the future FOR SURE. So don't get to cocky, Dana. Next week or the next, when I don't show a loss. Then let's see me be really happy then as well. I don't want the scale to make or break me.

It's so true. It's all in my head. I am planning a anti-sabatoge yourself plan that I will be initiating this week. It's my M.O. to achieve, get cocky, binge. I will submit plan in the morning.

I owe MOST of my success this time to this blog and to this awesome group of people that give a shit. Thanks! You've got my heart!

Comments

  1. yay! wonderful! whoo hoo! You want to know my guess? I think a lot of it was that you were BUSY. I know I always do a lot better when I am around other people and busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5.8 pounds in a week? That's great. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, that's a fantastic loss!

    Yes, I give a shit. I enjoy you and your blog very much and I love watching you achieve greatness!!!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is fantastic! 40lbs in total is such an achievement - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Maybe all that running after the grandkids burned a lot more calories than you realized! Congrats on the 40 pounds lost - what a feat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you! And you have a great attitude about this week. Way to go Dana!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! Get your head in the right place and your ass will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome and anyone who only eats two and not a whole box deserves a big "hug" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the loss! Wow - 40 pounds is amazing! Be sure to post about the anti-sabotaging routine as it is one of my huge trouble spots too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright McButter!!!!!!!!!! Take it and run with it! I know i know its the contest giving you motivation right?? right??? LOL! Be good till Friday and we'll really see that froggy jump! :) I'm so happy your having a good week , a GREAT week! You've got it right though planning , planning is a major key to success here. If we leave it all up to chance theres more of a chance to fail. Plan how you are going to react to certain things is a good way to go. Be good, be brave, be strong. Jinx!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great week...from ALL angles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dana, I'm so happy for you. Way to go 5.8 lbs is huge this far along. It sounds like you've had a great week. Way to go on the 4 mile walk too that's a LOT. Don't let that darn scale have power though, I know how that is. You can do this, you are doing this *hug*.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW SEND SOME OF THAT OVER HERE !!! WONDERFUL WEIGHT LOSS.. glad you had such a stellar week Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 40 pounds gone? That is freakin amazing!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!!!!

    That's awesome! Thank god some people give a shit. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is AWESOME!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS!!!! Heehee I'd say celebrate and enjoy the moment anyway! You deserve it!! You are awesome and you know it! :>

    (On bad weigh-in days, it's all the same too, to be positive but then celebrate other victories ;))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman