Friday, July 24, 2009

a weekend of good choices?

Feeling sluggish and foggy again today. I would love to put together more then 3 goods days in row. That would awesome.

I ate out too much yesterday. Made good choices, but came home and ate alittle more. Good stuff, but stuff anyway. I was eating and I wasn't really hungry. I have noticed that I am eating to put myself to sleep. Not a good thing. I have been doing this for about a month now. This week my effort with food has been good. Except for yesterday, and then it was just so-so. Nothing bad, just eating myself too full a few times. Water hasn't been the greatest. Need to kick it up over the weekend.

Babysitting tonight and a sleep over at my daughter's. I will walk out there in the morning. I have some podcasts I want to listen. It will be nice to walk myself. I like my buddies, but sometimes I want to walk alone, to think.

hope your weekend is full of good choices!

12 comments:

  1. Good choices...that's what it all really boils down to, isn't it? When we do right, eat right, think right... it all seems to fall in place quite nicely.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove listening to podcasts. It makes my walk go by so quickly! Hope you have a great weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating too much, even fruits and veggies, makes me feel blah and blech. Hope you snap out of the fog today, and for a good while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right that even if you are eating too much of the good food, then it's still too much. Here's hoping you have a great weekend, both food wise and life wise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you realize that you are eating too much of good foods. i think too often people see "good" foods as ones they can indulge in and forget that they still have calories. Good luck this weekend and have a great time with your daughter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bah, struggling with the choices myself this week - good luck with the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on the walking and time to think! Enjoy the weekend.

    good choices yay but i too have sometimes just eat the good stuff even though im not hungry. just cause its there. not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you're feeling sluggish and foggy. I know I use to always have to eat before bed, it was like I need that full feeling to sleep. I've switched to just having hot tea (honey vanilla chamomile) with milk most nights and that seems to do the trick. I also know what you mean about sometimes just wanting to walk alone. I always feel guilty when I tell the kids no but sometimes you do just need the time with yourself. Hope you have a good night with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done that before where I eat, so I can go to sleep! What I have been doing now for the past week is taking a walk with my husband at night. We take an easy stroll and it's enough to get me tired for bed. Hope you get out of the fog soon, which I know you will be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dana,
    *BigHugs!*
    This has got to be related to going off the meds, yes?
    Perhaps you're reaching for the food to medicate your mind without knowing it?
    I love the sound of your walk with podcasts & alone time.
    Take care, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love walking by myself. It is a time that I get to just think about whatever I have on my mind...I often solve problems while I walk. And I do love my iPod too.

    Hope you will feel better soon. And thanks for your comment on my blog reminding me that I am indeed a very lucky person.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!