building faith

Totally off the the weight loss subject. This morning I woke up to find that my cable and internet was out. I was certain it was over some box they say I have. Which I probably do, I just have to find it. Anyway, in my head I am thinking this is going to be a crap day. I am going to have to call and fight with Mr. Cable and I just was letting it get me down. Making me into a Negative Nellie. This was at around 4:30 am. I decide that I am going to get on my knees and ask for help. Not turn back on my cable, but basically don't let this ruin my day, please. I head out the door to walk. I have another walking buddy this morning so I have to cross a kind of busy street. As I cross the street I notice a guy getting back in a truck. He turns to me and I ask jokingly if he's the cable guy. He says yep, I just turned your cable back on. I love it when my prayers are answered like that. He knows me and He loves me. What is important to me is important to Him. Something as trite as cable TV. What a great faith building experience.

Anyway, I walked 3.5 miles this morning. I walked over to a coworker's house and got my bike back. I forgot I even had a bike. She it took away from me because I never used it. Which was totally ok with me, then I just forgot. She got a new bike and so I asked for mine back. I am anxious to start riding to work! I was just thinking how I wanted a bike too.

I am going to ride this good feeling for all it's worth! Feeling positive and confident. It feels so good! Keep the mood and the food real!

Comments

  1. Isn't it great when prayers are answered that fast!

    I hope you have a continued blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the story about the cable and the oh so wonderful answer to prayer! And God even threw in a freebie with your bike! WEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I wish mine were answered that quickly!

    And the bike - that surely is another sign - of course you have to post the obligatory "me with bike" shot on your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad ur cable is back my friend ;) stop by soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit...cable on the fritz is a major deal at my house. Glad yours is back on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer isn't supposed to work like that. You're supposed to steal cable, then ask forgiveness.

    Glad I could serve as your spiritual advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it and hate it. My thoughts on God and the Universe are changing. Along with my thoughts on me, myself, they are evolving!

    Still, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lmao @ jack sh*t

    *pouts* i want a bike.
    i love hearing little stories of faith like this :D it makes me smile.

    i wonder when my prayer about winning the lottery gets answered...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cable story. And you're going to love riding the bike again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay God! (and cable)
    Love stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when prayers are answered! The Lord always answers our prayers even though it sometimes at his own time for our own good, but I'm glad that your prayers were answered quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect time to get out on the bike. Well, around here anyway. It's been nice and cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm so behind with reading your blog. Glad everything turned out ok. I really do think prayer does wonders. I prayed the whole way to walmart the other night and there was a new shower tent for me lol. Glad your cable is back on and you have a bike to ride now. Ok moving on to the next post *smile*.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman