hormone hell

Yesterday was good. I went to my GYN appointment and found out that blood pressure is still high. I was suppose to get an appointment with a GP, haven't yet. I guess today is the day. I am going to get an appointment with the doctor that my walking buddy goes to. Also, since my B/P was high she took me off the hormone patch. She basically told me that I needed to see a psychiatrist because of my anxiety. She has told me over and over that I have started menopause, yet she insisists that my hormones have nothing to do with it. Smart ass little 30 something. I can't wait till she goes thru this. Anyway, hell maybe I am crazy! I think I am going to check into the cost of the Bio Identical hormones. Really I probably just need another doctor. She rubs me the wrong way.

Still feeling funky. Now I am wondering how this no hormone thing will effect my weight loss, if at all. I have been doing better, but not perfect with the food. Exercise is still awesome! Did a killer session on the treadclimber this morning. Concentrating on lots of water this week as well.

I have remind myself that this is about getting healthy. Getting my blood pressure down is the most important thing right now. I have heart problems in my family big time. My Dad recieved a heart transplant. Both my parents died very young ( before 60 ). I want to be around for longer then that! Hell, I am going to be 49 next month....60 is right around the corner.

So I have resigned myself to the fact that I might feel funky for a while. I do not want to get put back on antidepressants. It was so hard to get off that zoloft. So hard! I just seem to be loosing interest in stuff. I am not as gung ho as I used to be. Wish I could be more sunny side up, but I am just not feeling it. Right now I just feel like I am going thru the motions. I also know that this too shall pass. I really can't feel like this forever...right??!!

Let's make it a good day!

Comments

  1. Forever? No!
    Thank goodness there's only *now*
    And this will change for you...
    It takes a couple of weeks to rebuild all the neurotransmitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take some time for you to start feeling more normal. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do this! I know you can kick it. Hopefully without the hormones you will start dropping those lbs like flies and then you will have a little pick me up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely need a different doctor! Remember, you have to be your own health advocate, and sometimes that means switching docs when they don't seem to listen to you.

    Good job kicking butt with the exercise! Hope those endorphins will make up for the loss of the hormone patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me mad. Same thing happened to me, kinda. I have been journaling my anxiety attacks and 90% of them happen the week before my period. I am convinced it is hormonal (for the most part) and my GYN, who I did like, blew me off.

    Find a good GP. Mine didn't push me to see a psychiatrist, she wrote me a small script for Xanax, and I've been working on my issues since.

    There is a strong history of heart disease in my family as well. Mom died at 59, dad had a couple of heart attacks. So I know as you continue on your journey, you'll get that BP under control. I hope you get a good GP--makes all the difference in the world.

    As for depression/anti-depressants? Only you and your doctor can figure that out, but I think everyone goes through little funks. I'm in one now. A little sad? Yes. Enough for meds? No. If I would get off my butt and start exercising, it would help release those good chemicals.

    (((hugs))) Trust your gut reaction. You know your body and mind and what direction you need to take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes going thru the motions will get you back to where you want to be. Keep going and you WILL feel better - it's all a series of waves that you have to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better soon. I too have terrible panic attacks but have a lot of stress at this point in my life that I can't control and must wait for it to play out. I too will never go back on antidepressants but my doctor allows me 1mg Ativan as needed and it seems to do the trick. But she warned that if this didn't work then antidepressants were the only other option. I think the whole menopause things plays a big part but because it's so individual, no one can really tell you what to expect.

    Hang in there - better days are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on getting everything squared away and at normal levels (bp, etc). If your doctor is rubbing you the wrong way, then youdefinitely need a new doctor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very hard - I am doing it hormone-free for the time being and, apart from hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, stress I don't feel too bad, lol! Seriously, I know all that sounds awful, but it is a lot better than the hormone roller coaster of monthly periods and I do feel a lot more stable. Well, stable as in on a stable level of insanity, lol!

    We are all different and what works for one woman, may not work for another. Also, what works for you one year, may not work for another, so you need to ask your doc to look into different options for you. The bio-identical hormones do sound a lot better, so may be worth a try.

    Oddly, I am finding the exercise is helping a LOT, well at least I don't notice the hot flushes if I am hot and sweaty from a run, anyway!

    Hope you feel a bit more positive soon (((hugs)))!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add one more to the "find a new doctor" camp. Your doctor should listen to your concerns, not just repeat the same thing over and over.

    When you've got a chance, I've got a blog award and a few words of praise for you over at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your feeling better soon!! Take care of you..It wont last FOREVER!!! Better days are coming!!
    Irebe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lost track of you for a little while, and decided I need to check in on you. Sounds like you have an adjustment period to deal with. I hope you are able to work through it. Kicking the pills can be tough.

    I am putting a link to you on my blog so I can stay in better touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful comments and suggestions.

    Most apprecitated.

    feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen sistah about hormone hell! It is HELL! It does sound like you need a new doc - hormones have nothing to do with it?! Where has she been? I totally feel like you do relative to the not feeling gung ho about anything. I'm hoping it dissipates for all of us SOON!

    But ... I, too, do a 10K on Thanksgiving morning (been doing it here for years). And you inspired me regarding a bit of running. I'm d/loading C25K tonight to check it out. I may not be able to run much ... but I can try. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ya know, i get anxiety aswell (lay in bed and imagine the house burning down or a burglar breaking in and killing me in my bed- yeh i am a joy!)
    After a lot of "anxiety and depression go hand in hand" talks from my GP, i insisted i was not depressed, they prescribed me propanalol, which is a beta blocker. I was like? beta blockers?? are you sure??? but honestly they are insannnneeely brilliant!!! they just calm me the hell down- ahhhmaaayyyzing. and i am not nuts. well i dont think i am anyway... what is is that crazy people say?? lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman