worthless worrying

The pic is from Saturday night's dinner party, my daughter and me!

I am feeling less doomy and gloomy today. Slept good last night. I did, OF COURSE, go to my meeting last night and found out that I had gain 3 lbs. I wasn't surprised or even really upset. I am just going to loose it. I know what happened last week and this week things will be different. Increase my water for sure!! Stay away from take out and the frankenfood ( I like that name, it fits!). Make good food choices and plan ahead. I should have eaten something before I went to the Bday dinner and the party Sunday. I went to both places too hungry. So I am going food shopping today. I am "thinking" about trying out cooking some new things. I don't cook, so that why I am just thinking. I know, I know.....I need to do it.

I am signing up for a 10K on Thanksgiving Day. It's called the Turkey Trot. My daughter and some other family members are going to do it with me. I am sure I can walk it. I would like to run some of it though. I guess I need to check out the C25K thing. It seems so hard though...lol. My daughter said she was going to try it herself. She was so excited, she has lost 40 lbs herself. I wish my sweet son would get interested in loosing some weight. I know he would be happier, but nagging never works. DAMN IT!


I realized something this morning about worry after I left a comment on Roxie post today. My Crazy Brain tells me that worry is how I am going to control a situation. I have done that for over a week now. I am done!! That is a lie and I am going to remind myself that every time I feel myself doing it. It will help me let it go and trust in a loving Heavenly Father. I can do all I can do, but I have let things go. WORRY does not equal CONTROL!


Thank you all for your support from yesterday's post. I love being a blogger! The support and real concern and positive energy I get from blogging is something I didn't count on. It is truly the biggest reason for my success at loosing weight this time around. Blogger is being weird and not letting leave a comments to Jinx or to Jo or to Bonnie, just to name a few. I am not sure why. Know that I am reading and leaving comments when I can.


Keep the mood and the food real.........worry doesn't equal control.

Comments

  1. Control, worry, concern.
    Faith, hope, love.
    Not a direct parallel, but just levels we go through as we learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your daughter look so happy and healthy in that picture!

    Congrats on signing up for the 10K - what a commitment!!! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about worrying too much. Whoa... that was so deep I nearly got the bends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your 10K. You will feel great accomplishment when you cross that finish line. I'm doing my first 10K this saturday. Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack continues to crack my Sh*t up.

    Great photo - and WTG on the 10K. You know you can do it. Think how far you've come. Can you remember when you thought a 10K impossible? You are doing amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on signing up for the 10K. Amazing job! You and your daughter look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you can't fix something, don't worry about it. If you can fix something, don't worry about it. :)

    Easier said than done, I know, but try. Great picture, by the way. Looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you hit the nail on the head about the connection between worry and control. My therapist has told me to just plan for the worst and move on. It does help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pic of you and your daughter!

    I think it's a good thing to not get fazed by the weigh in. As you've wonderfully written here, worry doesn't solve anything. Just get your butt in gear for the 10k and you'll be golden!

    (I've also had some problems commenting a few places. Gotta love blogger.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is an easy recipe that I make every Sunday for the week ahead: "Turkey Chilli Saver"

    1/2 pound cooked ground turkey - white or dark
    1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
    1 can kidney beans - drained and rinsed
    1 can chopped tomatoes
    1/2 cup red onions
    1/2 cup green bell peppers
    salt, pepper, chilli powder to taste

    After cooking the turkey stir in all other ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.

    I do not like cooking after work so this recipe is one of my life savers. Enjoy!

    Thanks for the blog and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right--about keeping it real! Hey, I have given you a little blog award today. You have to come by my blog to get it. Hope it makes you smile. Jo sent it to me and it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good post!!
    so so true thank you
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are worrying less - wish I could say the same, lol!

    Love the pic of you and your daughter - I love that we both feel confident enough to post our pictures these days.

    And the C25K isn't as hard as it seems - it is an unwritten rule that if you are on it, you have to complain as much as possible. Start now and take it steady, repeat weeks where necessary (I did) and by Thanksgiving you will be raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm proud of you for facing up to the results on the scales and for realizing that what comes on will come off!

    C25K...I was doing it a year or two ago. I was actually having success. Starting to run and doing really well. If your body can handle the stress from running, go for it. (I had to quit, bad knees!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be a lot easier if the male species as a whole just adapted and accepted that nagging is there for a reason and just to go with it.

    the turkey trot sounds fun!! i would love to do a 10k, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doesn't it feel like relief, getting on that scale and knowing "the worst"? Now you don't have to worry about it, you can move on.

    I'm a worrier, too. You're right, it does nothing except put yourself through stress that you don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have given you a Lovely Blog Award. Please visit my blog to accept it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo of you two.

    I hear you on the worry bit - I do it too and it's just not worth a damn. I'm getting better at letting it go but it isn't easy. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww i'm sorry you can't leave a comment......maybe that why i haven't been getting many comments....i just thought you all didn't love me anymore! LOL! :)

    Your doing sooo great woman! Don't let that little three pound hiccup get you down. The turkey trot sounds wonderful. Ofcourse do what ever you feel comfortable doing. If and i mean IF you wanted some advice i'd say wait to run until after the Turkey Trot. The weight is coming off for you really good still. Wait until you hit a stubborn plataeu or something then you can ramp it up by starting a running program.Jinx!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman