The Diet Detective

I was watching Rachel Ray(breifly) yesterday and she was interveiwing this guy that has a show called TheDiet Detective. The people have applied to be on a weight loss show, then he stalks them, with the help of their families for a few days. Then he does and Intervention.....I'm here to save your life. All very dramatic. And I thought embrassing. I have never heard of the show...has anyone seen it? Anyway, the one contestant they interviewed was very upset that she had to carry a peice of cake while walking two hours. The same amount of time she would need to exercise to work off the cake. She was pissed that she didn't get to eat the cake in the end. They said they focused on the reasons why she ate. That it was all tied to her emotions. DUH!

Just goes to show that you can apply to all the weight loss shows you want. In the end it's about your attitude. You have to work at it, but it can be fun. It's all in the way you look at things. This holds true for anything in life.

I am feeling good today. Feeling good with the decisions I am making. Life is good. I am going to ride the good feeling thru the weekend...the LONG weekend. I am going to sit my granddaughters tomorrow during the day. We are going to paint our toenails and have some pretty time. For being only 2 years old, they love being girlie. Then I will bring one of them home with me to spend the night, for some special GeGe time. I love doing that.

Hoping that you have a great weekend. Enjoy your family and friends.....

Keep the mood and the food real....be girlie! lol

I put the link up to the video I was talking in yesterday's post. I hope that works. here ya go!
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=+you+are+not+alone+elaine+dalton&search_type=&aq=f

Comments

  1. Dana,

    You wrote in a comment to be me about being brave in my solo travels. I think you are one of the bravest people I know. You are out there putting in bids on houses and dealing with all of that. The very thought makes my, well, whatever pucker.

    Brave is where you find it, and my dear, I think you (and Karen) are showing extreme bravery on the homefront(s).

    Have a wonderful weekend - and I love the "pretty time" phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you seem to have found your happy place.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had heard of something like that show but figured it was a joke. I guess they can make a show about anything these days.

    Glad you're feeling sunny. Enjoy those girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diet show sounds a bit strange, but they do make a point with the piece of cake!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend with time for yourself along with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time with the girlie girls GeGe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your attitude and I am so glad you are feeling good and looking forward to a lovely girlie weekend, lol!

    Sounds great - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a show! Hmm. I hope you have a wonderful time with the girls. That sounds like a lot of fun.

    I read a comment you made today that really touched me...anger is a perceived injustice. I wish you'd write a post about that. That really stopped me in my tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote a comment once or twice (even here on your post!) that someone turned into a post. Before I could publish it myself.
    In one case I made a whole video about it. Lip sinking and everything.

    I was so mad thought I would stop blogging.

    Sometimes, I really don't get it.

    The Course In Miracles says we are never angry at a fact, but our interpretation of a fact.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman