Randomness


Ever have one of those days when you feel like pinching herself to make sure you aren't dreaming?? That's how I feel today. The "new to me" size 16 levi jeans are too big. I just bought them. What?? I know that they are " gently used" but it makes me totally feel like a weight loss bad ass. Even though I've gain 3.5 lbs in the last 2 weeks...lol. I have had lots of people ask today if I've lost weight. Seriously.....A girl can not get enough of that!


I ate well yesterday and so far so good for today. I rode the bike to work and home. Then I got in 2 miles in the evening. It has cooled down from last week. The evenings are wonderful! I walked at 5 am and I would like to get in another evening walk before book club.


I love me some book club! Can't wait to talk about "Mockingbird" tonight. I have been having this inner voice telling me that I should really, seriously go back to school. I can't think of anything but history that I would like to study. What would I do with a history degree?? No really, ANYBODY! Tomorrow I have a law seminar and I am not ashamed to say I am looking forward to it...we'll see how I feel after a day of it.....lol.


I have been thinking about clothes ALOT lately too. This has not happened in a very long time. I feel like a kid in high school planning out the next days outfit. It has kind of taken me off guard. Hum.... I guess I really do care about what I look like...I told myself for long that I didn't. Nice to know.


I feel good...slaphappy good. Sometimes, if I am right in the moment, I can feel joy, fleeting, but it's there. I am not going to take this for granted. I know there are lots of others who are not feeling their best. I am really going to try hard to remember how I have been feeling this past week or so. Some anxiety, but nothing like I used to have. I have been off the hormones and the zoloft for almost 3 months now, maybe longer, and I feel so much better. Better living thru science my ass! At least for me, I am not judging anyone else....AT ALL!


Having said that....I know that everything changes. I will just keep pressing forward. Being grateful for the good days....and the bad. Cause how else would I learn....lol


Keep the mood and the food real......be grateful to be right where you are.
Picture is the Gdaughters...brag much, Dana

Comments

  1. I love not having to take any pills these days - it is the best thing!

    I love how you are feeling and I used to feel the same about clothes - I love getting new stuff when I can - woo-hoo!

    Your GDs are totally adorable (I think they should visit their mad Scottish aunt, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your club is reading one of the best books ever. A true classic. Congratulations on the jeans being too big. Love your upbeat attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sure are some cute kids!

    Boy, I'll have what you're having these days - too big size 16 jeans, going back to school, "Mockingbird" - sounds like you are in the zone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine a size 16 being too big. That was 15 years ago. And back then I thought I was huge--little did I know I could get huge-r! So glad you are having a gorgeous day--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Post.
    Gorgeous Grandkids:)

    You mention feeling Joy, even if fleetingly that is FABULOUS!! I had not felt joy for many years until I fell in love with my husband.

    Your post today is joyous, your life is shiny bright right now and long may it continue.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-Hoo! :o) How exciting to be too small for a pair of jeans! I know because I'm there too! The ones I'm wearing (UK Size 20) are so big I can get them off without undoing them, but the 18s are just a tiny bit too tight in the leg, but I reckon a couple of weeks and I'll be there!

    It's weird how scales weight isn't always reflected in our bodies... I've had weeks where I've maintained my weight but lost inches from the previous week, or weeks where I've lost several pounds, but my measurements remained the same...

    I'm with you on feeling GOOD! Long may it continue! :o)

    Patsy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, I'm ashamed to admit I've never read To Kill A Mockingbird (although I've seen the film...) It's not as revered in the UK I don't think, although I've no idea why... Same goes for Catcher In The Rye which I HAVE read (but struggled to find). I picked up a second-hand copy of Lord Of The Flies at my doctor's surgery today - I haven't read that since I was about 14! They sell donated books there to raise money for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post and how great things are going for you.
    Adorable kids...you should brag lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just can't ever get enough of people noticing. that is awesome. And so is making your pants baggy. good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman