Who knew??


I am all over the place this morning with my thoughts. First off I want to give a shout out to Dawn at http://bbubblyb.blogspot.com/. Check out her accomplishment. Her sweet spirit makes me smile. Seriously, who knew blogging could be so emotional. I never dreamed I would find such sweet friendships with others when I started doing this.


It's like out we have our own little reality show. We are the star of the show, of course. We get to determine if we are going to be the "losers" each day...or episode. Stay with me folks, this is a good analogy. I love tuning in everyday to see how people are being successful. I figure if they can do it so can I. I can honestly say that blogging is by far the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. Just to post everyday makes you reflect on YOU. How am I feeling? How am I going to be successful? How am I going to loose all this damn weight? How am I dealing with life? It both gets you out of yourself by cheering others on, yet you have to think about you alittle too.


I never dreamed that what I got back by way of your feedback could be so inspiring!!! Now I know.


Having kind of a weird day. One of those days where I have to remind myself...this isn't a punishment. I can eat what ever I want....but what do I want more? I am putting off the treadmill while writing this. Besides the ipod has to charge. I am LOVING the new show GLee. Anybody else think it's just hilarious? So I'm going to watch while I walk. Missing my Dad this morning. A song came on this morning while riding and waving my way to work. "Watch Closely Now" from A Star Is Born soundtrack. I played that song alot after he passed away. Anyway, good thoughts.


I guess that's it. I am going to try and post a pic everyday as well. We'll see how long that lasts...lol. This is Gson 1 and Gson 2. Loved this cute brother pose. They were climbing on art at the library. I love that place and want them to love it too. Then it's always a soft serve at McDs. Good times!
Keep the mood and food real....do it even if you don't want to!

Comments

  1. You've got it. This is not punishment. I struggle with that myself, because for a long time I thought food was the reward. Of course, that must mean that absence of yummies is punishment. Right?

    Wrong. It's a constant process of re-education. Followed by re-forgetting and re-learning. Lather, rinse, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not punishment at all is it? It's a wonderful way of life that really does free you to live the way you want to! It's a hard turnaround to make in your mind. I know this firsthand!!

    You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so like you in this....I get so much from the comments I receive.

    Unlike you I cannot seem to shake the whole this is a punishment thing.

    I'm so sorry about your dad...while I know that day is coming for us all...I can't imagine. Good thoughts and prayers to you and your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to focus on the reward - I GET to wear cute, smaller clothes; I GET to feel good about myself; I GET the ability to walk without huffing and puffing...you get the picture, I'm sure.

    I know what you mean about how much blogging has touched all of us. It really is fun to check in with everyone - I feel like I have so many friends now, and it has been such a help along my journey to have everybody along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not punishment. It's getting to choose the best fuel we can. It's not deprivation, it's practicing good self-care. It's what we can do right now that will not make us regretful in the future. It's not punishment, it's loving kindness.

    The whole blogging thing has really taken a turn in the last year. I've actually been blogging for over eight years, but since I've hooked up with this group - it's been so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know. It's not punishment, but it also is. If I hadn't done so many bad things to my body over the years, I wouldn't be in this situation, I wouldn't have this hole to dig myself out of. It is punishment, it's just better than staying in your fat body prison indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about the blogging - it has touched me in a way I never thought it would when I started out with this. I love the comments and I love reading everyone else's comments when I visit blogs. You get to know everyone else within this environment.
    And you know, I'm seeing more and more of this post a picture a day and I really enjoy it. Gives you an insight to the real people behind the words. I just may get on the band wagon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thankful to everyone who comments, I get so much from them: support, inspiration, ideas.... it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting a lot out of blogging, too. Besides helping me stay accountable, it's put me in touch with so many wonderful people who've been an endless supply of support, encouragement and laughter. How'd we ever do this on our own?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the whole love of blogging. Both posting and reading others posts. I can get so much inspiration seeing others overcome their obstacles and move forward. And some of the nicest people with problems a lot like my own!

    Love the pic of the Gkids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl!! I'm new to your blog as of tonight and can't BELIEVE it took me this long to find my way over here!! I'm signing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog, just wanted to make sure you knew that "ABILITY" and "LOSE" are spelled wrong in your header and 'about' section.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh the spelling nazi... where would we be without them??

    anywho. As usual coming here today really put a smile on my face, i love how positive you are- even when you feel sad sometimes, i love your dust yourself off attitude, thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh "Glee" has me rolling on the floor. Love it!

    I know just what you mean about blog world. It really has become a source of great inspiration and motivation for me too and I especially look forward to your posts. It's great to have such good company along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dana, you always make me smile, thanks for the shout out. I'm so happy you came along and that some how we found each other *big hug*.

    I love the idea of us being a reality show lol. We have so many great people in our group with such huge hearts. Reading everyone's blogs always makes me feel better.

    I love reading your blog because you always try to find the positive in every situation. Sorry you're missing your dad today but nice you have good memories.

    Big big hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. blogging has been my saviour :D *high fives* to supportive comments.

    *puffy hugs* its not a punishment even though sometimes it feels like it.

    loving the new hair and i think posting a new pic everyday is a great idea :D cute kidlets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman