better than nothing



That is my youngest Gdaughter. Love her smile, it's kind of how I am feeling today. This will be quick. I checked out for most of weekend. I had a bad week last week food wise. This week it's kind of been a good week food wise, but emotionally not so good.

I was reading Dawn's last post (fixing myself thinner, see my blog roll) the 1st sentence started off "Why do I insist on punishing myself"? I could totally relate. If there isn't a problem, sometimes I will make one up. Stupid, I know this. Yet I do over and over. The many ways I do this to myself are surprising, if I really think about it. Today, I will put the bat down and step away from the bat. I will not beat myself up for the past, but make choices for a better today.

I wanted to give another shout out to my Darling Daughter. Her new blog is budzinskis.blogspot.com. I do not know why it won't link up.GRRRr She has fixed it so you can leave comments now. She is going to have some great money saving ideas as well. She can smell a bargain and really knows how to the most out of that dollar! I love the recipe she has up on her last post. My mother made it up. My sister Vicki loved it....hence the name!

Keep the mood and the food real.......I have not forgotten or ignored the lovely awards. I just need a minute to really respond. Do what you can! It's better then nothing!

Comments

  1. I am the queen of self-sabotage - as a matter of fact, I am in the big middle of shooting myself in the foot. Sigh

    We will do better, right? Starting now? I'm in if you are in....

    Hugs....and love the color scheme....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step away from the bat - I love it and know that bat so well! Thank you for your sweet comment today - that was a scary post to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable kid!!
    Noticing the problem is a really big step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just about the cutest kid I've ever seen. What a smile!

    I do the same thing...create problems where none exist. I think it has something to do with not feeling safe as a child. You might have been going along thinking things were great, but underlying it all, there was a big drama or blow up just lurking, and you had no control over it. In other words, "don't get too comfortable..there's really a problem going on...you just don't know what it is." And it will bang you upside the head when you least expect it. So we create problems just so that we are on alert all the time. Yup...it's that Crazy Brain talking.

    I'm sending big hugs to you while you're sorting this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! I'm glad food's going well, and I hope things go well enough that you end up smiling just like your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is Beautiful and what an infectious smile...You couldn't be down for long with her around could you?

    Just going to fined you daughter;o)

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is soooo adorable! What a great smile. I look forward to the day I have my own grandkids-but not until mine are plenty old enough to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not falling off the horse that matters it's picking yourself up, dusting off your bottom and getting right back on. Glad you had a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I've never quite understood self-sabotage, getting in your own way.

    You're grand-daughter's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (love the photo. such an open wide embracingLIFE smile)

    Selfsabotage is such a beast huh? the MY LIFE IS PRETTY GOOD SO ILL MANIFEST SOME TROUBLES SO I DONT SUCCEED.

    A big step though is recognizing it...now we need to band together and FIGHT ON THROUGH.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think when things are going great I create problems simply because I don't feel as if I'm WORTH a carefree life. (hence my last post. haa haa haa)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog ate my comment -
    Won't someone feed it?
    Let's try again!
    "Nice post."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman