here's to progress~


Started off the morning with the usual 3 mile walk. I am going to pick me up some pepper spray this afternoon. Got a weird feeling this morning out walking in the dark, by myself. I kind of like walking a podcast blaring in my ears. This morning was new the new podcast from 2 Fit Chicks and a Microphone. I usually listen to something spiritual 1st. So I didn't get to finish the entire podcast. So something to look forward to tomorrow morning. I feel like I am listening to old friends. I feel like I know Shauna. It was after reading her book a year ago that I decided to start my own blog to document my journey. Best thing I've ever done! Too many benefits to name! Of course if your reading this, you probably already know that! Check out her book, The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl.

Went out to my daughter's last night. Took the kids to the park and ran around with them. They were so sad when I left. It broke my heart. When did I turn into such a softy? Came home and fell right to sleep. Made it to 3 AM this morning. Better.

I really need to drink more H2O. Seriously. I used to drink almost a gallon a day. I am down to filling up my jug like once every 3 days. Not good. So that is going to be a goal! It's doable. Food has been ok. Not eating crazy, but kind of grazing. Sticking to my healthy lifestyle. I am happy.

Going to try a boot camp this evening with my sweet co-worker. I told her I didn't think I could keep up. So we'll See. My 1st fitness class EVER! Maybe I am having adult onset athletics.hehe I robbed Roxie. Sorry, Friend!

Work was good yesterday. I just need to trust that it's going to be ok. I have ran through all the "what if's" in my mind. Having a plan makes me feel better. Of course, relaxing and going with the flow would serve me better....oh well. Progress not perfection. Feel less anxious about it today. What ever works!

the pic is of me a couple of weeks ago. 1st time wearing that dress. The sweater looks alittle tight, oh well.....it's a Large. Not to bad, considering I started out a size 3X.

Keep the mood and the food real.......here's to PROGRESS!

Comments

  1. Thats a very nice picture of you! Don't be so hard on yourself. Yes, do get that pepper spray and take a cell phone with you as well. When I walk outside I take mine with me almost used it once too! Very scarey moment indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking terrific Dana, loved seeing you all guzzied up *smile*. The blog has been a blessing to me too. Good luck with boot camp. I was doing classes at 300+ then stopped when I actually got to a weight I could do them better lol, maybe it's time for me to try them again. Sounds like those gkids adore you. I've been slacking in the water area too. When I get to worrying thinking about the "what if's" and planning for them always helps me too. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first fitness class-you must like a challenge to pick boot camp. It will be more fun going with a friend.

    I'm glad that you are concerned about your personal safety too. A girl can never be too safe. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxie should be flattered that she coined such a great term and we all are stealing it, lol! I'm excited for you, going to your first boot camp! Hope you have fun - just hang in there and do your best...when I started mine, I could barely do a push up from my knees. We all start somewhere - the important thing is that you are doing it!!!

    You look gorgeous in that dress - the sweater doesn't look too tight at all! Love the shoes as well!

    Glad you are getting some pepper spray - one of the reasons I haven't embraced running with headphones is because I can't hear someone coming from behind me. Paranoid? Yes, but better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear how you like boot camp! That is the one thing i have never done. You had some great times with the gkids this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Dana! At least you will have your coworker there for moral support. I bet you will surprise yourself with how well you do. Anxious to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to progress indeed! Good for you! And good luck with bootcamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, Dana! You're doing fantastic!

    For me, drinking the aqua during the colder months is more of a chore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look marvelous! I don't think the sweater is too small at all. I think we all got used to hiding in big old baggy clothes and don't even know what fits sometimes. I think it's a divine look for you.

    And bootcamp is a challenge for sure - I just try to do MY best and not worry about what others are doing. I just keep telling myself that I'm not getting graded, nor am I getting paid. I'm here for me - to do my best. And I am sure your best will be awesome - just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you look WONDERFUL!!! I Love that pic! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great. I dream about not wearing "women's" sizes anymore and I'd wear tight clothes if that's what it takes too. I always say I like to make plan too, but other people call it anxiety. I guess there is a line .....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, if you're worried about attackers while walking, it's really not a good idea to have headphones in. It makes you look distracted (which you are), and attackers would view you as an easy target. Just sayin'.

    Good luck in your boot camp class!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog and want to say congratulations on your weight loss.

    I walk 3 miles a day too and it is good for my mind and my body.I don't wear headphones while I walk, I like to hear the birds singing and such and also then I can hear when other people are walking up behind me.

    Good luck with your bootcamp class!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are looking lovely!

    Sorry about the work situation, but glad it's all worked out okay. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman