SMILE

Lots of reasons to smile today. For one thing, it's Friday. For another I got to go out and see my Gkids last night. My son was nice enough to let me use his car. Such a nice boy. We went to the park and I really ran around. The youngest kept thinking it was funny for me to chase her. She found that running towards the street was a real attention grabber. My daughter had a coupon to Taco Bell. So I took the kids to the drive thru. While I was sitting there waiting it dawned on me that I haven't been to a fast food place for a very long time. Now don't get me wrong, I eat out...alot. I just choose different types of foods now days. Also, no drive thru equals no eating in your care. I always had a car full of wrappers. Now, my car really is alot cleaner and it doesn't have the grease smell.

I ate 3 fresco tacos. I enjoyed them, but they weren't any better then the ones I make at home. In fact mine are better. I have never been a very good cook, but I have had to learn a few things in order to eat better and loose the weight. I never intentionally decided no more fast food. It just sort of happened. NICE! Little decision, over time, have a powerful influence in the way you live your life. I love it when I can look at myself and recognize evidence of good choices. Good for Me choices.

The Heart Walk is tomorrow. It's not suppose to rain till the afternoon, but what do they know, right. I will thinking of Shelly running her first 5K in chilly weather. I love her excitement, it makes me excited. If you want a good laugh this morning check out Roxie's post (Gravel and Rust). LMAO!

See lots of reason to smile! Keep the mood and the food real..........

Comments

  1. Good for you choices, indeed. Thanks for the shout-out and I hope you have a fab weekend. Enjoy your walk.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All smiles here, too.

    Have a great weekend, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the walk tomorrow! My daughter e-mailed me yesterday and wants to do either a 5K or a 10K in a walking race when she get back to Canada :) I'll be glad to get any tips you may have!! Good for you on the fast food, that stuff is absolutely no good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice time with the Gkids. Hope the walk tomorrow is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Great job! I'm glad you got to see the gkids. That 3 year old sounds about right. She's naturally nutritious! Er, she's naturally fitatstic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement about my run tonight!

    I feel the same way about fast food - I used to love it, but haven't had it in forever, and you know what? It's not that good anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me smile like crazy when I read how happy hanging with your grandkidlets :D

    "I love it when I can look at myself and recognize evidence of good choices. Good for Me choices."
    LOVE THIS BABES.

    i love the good choices you make. *high fives* on your tacos being better than theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing how much better your own cooking tastes when you try fast food again for the first time after not eating it for awhile?!

    That experience happened to me recently. It made me wonder why I craved it to begin with. And before my journey, I craved it ALL of the time!

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the expression "Good for me choices"

    Have a great walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post had me smiling! It's amazing how when you change your lifestyle and eat healthier, you taste buds change and start craving for only good foods. Congrats on not eating fast food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free Acai Berry trial really worths, you should try it too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I said nice things about you in my post today. Plus, I gave you another chain letter. I mean, award. I don't think you do those, but I said really nice things.

    Maybe. You should come see. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a powerful statement--"Little decision, over time, have a powerful influence in the way you live your life."

    Keep making those good, little decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still occasionally go to fast food for things like a small ice cream cone or the occasional fish sandwich (during Lent). And they have really good coffee at McD's! The nice thing nowdays is they post all the calorie counts, so it's easier to stay on track.

    Sounds like spending time with your g-kids is a real blessing. You're a lucky woman to have such a wonderful family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman