wonderful wed weigh in

And the Academy Award goes to Dana....for best performance in a difficult work situation. Yes, things have been better. Everyone just pretending like nothing happened. I am ok with that. Move on. I feel better. For awhile I knew something was coming. I felt it. Now that it's over I feel like I can relax alittle. I am feeling like my normal self again. It takes alot out of you to worry and be angry. When I think of the energy I have spent over this thing it makes me exhausted!

I felt it last night. The night before I did an overnight with the old guy. He was such a stinker. Trying to literally SNEAK out of bed. I dozed off, and he fell. Not going to do that again. He really needs more care then I am willing to give. (like someone that will stay awake) I can only do those kinds of shifts when I am able to doze. Anyway, I was exhausted, cause I had literally been up all night and then had to work all day. I was sleeping by 5:30 pm and slept till 3am. It felt so good! Got up and did a brisk 3 miles with a buddy and had a good breakfast. Packed with protein. I am raring to go!

I weighed in this morning and was happy when I saw a 2.6lb loss! That 78lbs overall. That's right, even with the grazing I did on Sunday I managed a loss. I knew I felt lighter! When I got off the scales I was so proud of myself. I was able to keep my commitment to myself, by not going food crazy when I things got so tough. I wasn't able to walk 2 times this week because of the extra shifts. That has never happened in the last 9 months. I didn't freak out about it, I did what I could, and told myself that it was enough. It was.

Sometimes I can't figure this weight loss thing out. Sometimes I gain for no reason, then after a not so stellar week of effort I lose 2.6. It reinforces to me that attitude is SO IMPORTANT! I was not my emotional best last month. Little weight loss. I tried really hard in Dec to go the extra mile to keep myself from the holiday blues....loss like 6 lbs that month. My eating might have been worse in Dec the Jan yet I lost. I am so glad that I decided not to be so strict with myself this time around. I know I am successful this time because I did it for the right reasons and just did what I KNEW I could do the long haul.

Thanks so much for all your support. Between my family and friends and follow bloggers I have all the support I need to be successful! The rest is up to me.

Keep the mood and the food real.........

Comments

  1. Yay Dana!!! So happy for your wonderful weigh-in!!! I am with you - I don't understand this whole "weight-loss" thing and why it works some weeks and not others, but hey, you are doing great - 78 pound's worth! Congratulations!!!

    Sounds like everyone is walking on eggshells at work and I wonder it another blow up in imminent - just to clear the air. I don't envy you having to deal with this. Be strong, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep up the good work you inspire the rest of us to do our best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to my friend Meg about you this past weekend. I told her that it is you I look to when I need to buck up and do hard things. You are such an inspiration.

    And yea, I'm with you on the whole scale thing. It doesn't make sense, it doesn't seem logical - but overall, if viewed from a larger, longer perspective, if we do the right things, if we keep our head in the right place, our behinds will follow. Eventually. Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another way to whip it good!
    You're not just "trying" - you are making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic Dana! Quite an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good job on the loss. 78 pounds is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the loss!!!!!!!!

    I've given up trying to figure out why my body responds as it does a long long time ago! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep up the good work you inspire the rest of us to do our best.

    Grow taller for idiots

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the loss! And I love your hiking photos. Keep making healthy choices. Your attitude totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo-hoo! Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman