Take care of what you can

I Love this picture of me and my Liverness. I was doing the "dance of joy" after the Sun's game and she latched onto my back. Good times!

I have been up since around 3 am. UGH! Oh well, that's what naps are for, right? I know that I will never get a nap today. The audit is going well. I forget how nice these really guys are. Still, they do have a job to do. We are working on contracts for 2 schools as well. It feels good to be busy all day. I will admit most days I have more down time then I like. The little scare over the weekend has made me appreciate my job alot more. I realize that have been slacking. Taking my job for granted. Just kind of showing up and doing the bare minimum. Just typing that I realize that is exactly what I've been doing in my real life as well. I haven't been doing anywhere near my best. This financial stuff really has put me in a tailspin. I also understand that it won't last forever. I will have a car this summer. Or at least access to one. I need to stop trying to control things that I have no control over and take of the crap that i can.



I am reading a book God Never Blinks. Lots of Recovery stuff in it. She says that she just does the next right thing. And it's usually a small thing. By small means are great things are accomplished. Well, we all know that. It's alot of small right choices that lead to big goal....whatever that might be.

Bottom line I need to recommitt to me. I haven't gone off the deep end, but I have put on about 5 lbs. this week. I know this isn't real weigh. I really haven't eaten crazy food. Just too much, as usual. We walked further today then we have for awhile. Almost 4 miles this morning~ So that is a step in the right direction for sure. Brought healthy snacks in to the office. Feeling pretty good about that too. Thinking I might go out to my daughter's house for the Suns game tonight. Should be a great game....right TJ?

I have planned to quickie trips for this summer. The girls I work with want a designated driver to Vegas and so we are going to just do an overnight. I can handle that. Anymore time then that with drinkin women will probably be too much. They are sweet girls, and it will probably be lots of fun. Then I am going to go to Blanding Ut for the 4th of July. Google it. There is really nothing there. No mcD, no Walmart. What is there, is great people that I love. I have been friends with this family for years. The town holds a parade and cool fireworks and lots of good food. Just a down home kind of feeling. Should be lots of laughs. Gives me something to look forward to. I love to drive and I love a road trip.

Well I didn't intend to drag on and on this morning, but that's what I've done. I am so behind on everyone's blogs. Lots of reading, no commenting. I love what Jack Shit is doing with his W.I.D.T.H. series. Very thoughtful. Thanks Jack!

Keep the mood and the food real.......take care of the crap you can!

Comments

  1. Love pics of you and the gkids Dana!

    I think Jack is going to post mine today. I am a little nervous about it since he has such a BIG following.

    I hear UT is a beautiful state. My company HQ is there and from the pics I see on Kyle's blog it looks amazing.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting in the bare minimum...I am guilty of that in several aspects.

    Your trips sound fun and just short enough to not have the "vacation blues" when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep sometimes i wake up and realize i'm coasting! Oh well at least we figure it out sooner or later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all good.....
    We can coast down the hills for a while and let ourselves be carried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat, Dana. Just existing really ... not Living with a capital L.

    The pic is Great!
    Roadtrips ... I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the notion of the dance of joy and adore the photo.

    may both of our weekends be filled with dancing

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman