back to the real world


Really quick post. I had so much fun. Working/playing really hard. The shower was great. We made my daughter sit under a beach umbrella in a lawn chair and wear this silly hat. I couldn't have done it without my friends. I have the best friends on the planet. You thought you did, right? No way, it's my friends all the way. My daughter had a good time and got lots of nice stuff. It has been really good to have my sister and her kids here. Today is my mother's birthday. I miss her very much. My mother was a hiker. My sister and I went for a hike yesterday. Almost straight up 1.8 miles. So hard I cried. I made it to the top though. It was a very emotional thing for me. I could hear my mother in my ear telling me that I wasn't a quitter. Pics will follow. I need to get them from my sister.


Went to see the Other Guys. Not as funny as they said it was going to be. Don't pay full price. Then said good bye to my family. Again, emotional. I am taking it easy tonight. To bed early. The fronts of my thighs are so sore. I thought I was going to have to crawl to the bathroom this morning. Stairs are the worse. I have stairs. Not going to stop me from walking in the morning!


Back to the real world starting tomorrow. Ate what I wanted this weekend. I didn't eat till stuffed. No food coma. No using food. When I got home though, my mind went right to what can I eat. Threw out all the extra muffins. Gave then rest of the food away. Ate salad and now I am going to watch some TV and hit the hay.


I wanted to share this video with you the morning. It has nothing to do with food or this post, but it is a very powerful story that I wanted to share. Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light.


keep the mood and the food real.............
192.2

Comments

  1. Glad you made it to the top.
    You are not a quitter in anyway...
    Except for quitting the "bad" things.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great weekend and visit with your family!!!!!

    I think considering the circumstances of the weekend, it sounds as if you did great with your food. The real test will be how you do today and this upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed yourself this weekend and that you have such wonferful family and friends. A blessing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The PIC tells all. Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Thanks for the tip about that movie. It is hard when they go home....and I lost my mom last year. Her anniversary is coming up....Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your daughter looks just like you. I'm glad you had a good time with the family and that the shower was nice. Way to go on making it up the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all set to post my OWN hiking pix, but got sidetracked by Real Life...
    Maybe tonight I'll have a little free time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman