the family is coming! the family is coming!

MY FAMILY WILL BE HERE TONIGHT! For those of you who don't know I get little kid excited to see my family. This is a picture of the cousins. My sister's son and my daughter. He hasn't visited since my daughter got married. Oh so much as changed since then! I feel especially blessed and loved. The reason?? They are coming to visit me in the heat of the August....so basically the volunteering braving "hell" to visit us. It's especially sweet cause her two grown kids with bills to pay and jobs took time out of their lives to come and visit. Yep, they love us!
Well I am bushed! I got the kitchen painted. It's yellow....maybe alittle brighter than I wanted. I look at it this way. Who cares? It is a hellava lot better then then old color. It was dark...VERY DARK. Freakishly depressingly dark. It took almost 4 coats of "primer in it" paint. I would have to call bulllshit on the primer claim. So the job was a hellava lot harder than I thought. By the end, and because I kind of got the paint bug too late, I was just wanting it over with. It looks presentable. I doubt my sister or her two WONDERFUL kids will inspect my paint job with a magnifying glass or white glove my furniture. That's what I do. But mind you I don't do that in other poeple's homes. Wouldn't even cross my mind. It's totally this subtle ( or not so subtle ) way of comparing myself to others. STOP THAT NOW, Dana. It all boils down to me and my never ending thoughts about me. Yes, welcome to my world. PRIDE....is an enemy to man. Always has been, always will be. Get over yourself already!


The up side of being so stinkin busy is that the scale keeps going down. I am very happy. Last week I thought I had lost my intuitive eating method of weight loss. I guess I can trust myself. I was doubting myself after gaining that 20 lbs in a month. I wasn't really eating anything too bad. Now, looking back to what I was eating to what I have been eating this last week and yes, I was eating 'bad food". Just a little here and a little there. Over dosing on "good for me" food. I have really been upping the exercise the pushing the H20.


ok random funny thing....I just heard on the news that two socialites were just busted for shop lifting beauty items at high end stores. Beauty items....really?? That made me laugh. Oh the irony. I guess the recession has hit even the rich and famous.
Ok, intentions for the day. Be present. Be kind,. Be honest. Be real. Work hard. Dispel any expections. Relax and freaking enjoy yourself. Nobody is judging you but you. Do your best.
Keep the mood and the food real............
190.3

Comments

  1. You make a good point that the good for you foods in excess can be bad too. That something I constantly need to remind myself.

    Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your energy all the way over here! I'm so excited for you - you are going to have a wonderful time with your family. You've got the right idea - relax and let them love on you and yours.

    This post makes me so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Enjoy your family. And isn't it funny? Sure bad food is bad for diets...but too much good food...or any food for that matter spells trouble on the scale. It still all comes down to move more / eat less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEEEE I love family visits! HAVE FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister and two boys were just visiting, too, although the circumstances are a little different. But it was fun. I love the fact that the boys are becoming nice young men. Congrats on a reversing trend on the scale! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo hooo...the family is coming! Have a GREAT visit!

    Oh yeah, and I want to see pics of the freshly painted yellow kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute with your excitedness!!! Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I am busy, the scale goes down, down, down.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you. I know you'll have a terrific time with your family. I can't wait to hear all about it. I've missed you. Going to go catch up with you now. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman