less of a hermit

Got in a great 4 mile walk this morning. I looked like a rain cloud had followed just me around. I was SWEATY. Had a nice Sunday. Church, a nap and then a movie with a friend I hadn't seen for a while. Went to see EatPrayLove. I tried to read the book, but couldn't make it out of Italy. The book rubbed me the wrong way. I thought the movie was better then I expected. I'm not sure what I expected...lol.

I need to go food shopping. Still doing good with no food comas. That is a big improvement. Trying to get out more and not be such a hermit. So I consider this past weekend a huge success.

Kind of got the Monday blues. Wish the weekend would have been longer. Things at work are settling back to normal. Don't feel as stressed about things.

There is a heat advisory out today. UGH! 108 degrees plus the incredible humidity. Probably be like this for the rest of the week. I am sick of summer. Too bad it lasts till November.

Keep the mood and the food real......

194.8

Comments

  1. Loved what you said about being a good influence in the last post. Hope the heat lets up. I know what you mean about trying not to be a hermit, I need to work on that too. Hope you get rid of the moody monday blues. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to push myself to get out and circulate socially vs. hermitizing. It takes effort but seems to be getting easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good to not stay cooped up in the house, so good for you for trying to get out more. Try to have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer ends in November?! When does it start? Even though I like to complain about the cold and wet weather here in the UK, I cannot handle extreme heat. It's so tiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on getting out and about. It always makes you feel better after a nice walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, it was 104 a few minutes ago...WTH? Too.frackin.hot. Good on ya for getting out in that stuff - it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, melancholy Monday it is. But, despite that you ate well and exercised. Good for you. Except for family, I prefer to be a hermit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate winter. But I hate 108 degree's even more! It was only 80 here today (Michigan) and I was moaning about the sweat I worked up going for a stroll. When it's over 85 I down right refuse to go for a walk...but then I don't walk when its cold either. Guess I'm just glad it's not winter, or 108 degree's here! Kudo's to you for getting out in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you in this heat and long to hide inside.
    I think if the child werent heat impervious :) I would.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... 108 degrees? I'd be hard-pressed to walk in that kind of weather. Congrats on 4 miles! That is great!

    And I so want to see "Eat Pray Love." I hope the "eat" part wasn't too tempting! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meh - I must admit to low enthusiasm for Ms Gilbert. But I DID take my boy to see "Scott Pilgrim" which was a very imaginative, unique film experience! [Mandatory that you like Michael Cera however]
    But I for one have got to AVOID the scales until my monthly hormonal fluctuation subsides... it makes me CRAZY that I can be sensible, also exercising my a$$ off, yet GAIN 4 lbs??!!??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman