Put on my Big Girl Pants!

WOW! This week has flown by. Seriously, where did it go?? Put on my big girl pants this morning and went into Phoenix to take care of the final stages of my financial mess. I feel like a weight (no pun ) has been lifted off my shoulders. Then I got another killer headache. UGH! Oh well. Not going to let it dampen my spirits. I feel like I can move forward with things. It not over yet, but almost.

I have let this eat away at me for a while. Having to delay it while my sister visited and I had my daughter's shower really did take it's toll on me. I am sick of the phone calls. Everytime my phone rings I cringe. I have taken to just turning it off.

I have really tried not to eat the stress I have been feeling, but alas I have alittle. I am up another pound. I know how to get it off again, so I will press forward. It is what it is. There was a time when I just wouldn't have stepped on the scales. I have been allowing a little of the FrankenFood into my diet. Seriously, that stuff has something in it that triggers me. Anyway. It's in the past, over DONE. You know all in all I am not eating anything crazy. No fast food. Trying to eat good for me and doing a pretty good job.

H20 has SUCKED! On the news they had this "new scientific" method of loosing weight. Drink 2 glasses of water before you eat. Well DUH! I wonder how much money was wasted on that study. Going to do better.

My daughter found out she has Gestational Diabetes. I had a feeling she was going to have a kind of hard last couple of months. I really wish I lived closer. Baby Z has a good chance of being a mild hemophiliac. All probability he will be. Her dad and nephews have it. It's passed from mother to son. She on it and knows what she's in for. She is a smart girl. Much smarter then me.

I am going to take the boys this weekend. If it is cool enough in the very early morning we might hit the bird park. They love that place! I know I have whined about it almost every post but DAMN IT it's hot! Then Karate Kid at the theatre. Good times.

Keep the mood and the food real.........

195.2

Comments

  1. I know you have to be so relieved to just get it over and one with! I would agree that it's probably being hanging over you in ways that you don't even fully realize. Whew!

    Sorry to hear about your girl's news. Although the gestational diabetes is pretty common, from what I understand. When is Baby Z due to make his appearance? I know you are all excited!

    Enjoy your gboys!

    And I heard about that study, too. I think it's probably true, but how many of us actually do it? I'm struggling to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink two full glasses of water before you eat.
    Then there's no room left for the food.
    Wow! And how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, duh, of course drinking a bunch of water before you eat will curb your appetite...

    You can do this, Dana. Even in stressful times, just focus on other things. Go for a bike ride, take a bubble bath, do some yoga (have you tried yoga? it's great for de-stressing), read a great book. Something that will help calm your nerves AND give you something to do other than eat. Here's hoping your week gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the gestational diabetes - at least your daughter is a smart woman who will take care of herself - I've seen several acquaintences not do what they needed to and it's just been a messy pregnancy.

    Good going, tackling the financials. So hard to face, I know. Believe me, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that study about the water...anyone who drinks 2 glasses of water (Duh...) before eating will lose weight. No kidding, you'll be full with water you won't be able to eat much, at least for the hour or so it lasts...lmao!!

    We had some serious financial crap the last year or so too, it sucks, hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, that's funny about the new 'water' diet! In Washington they were promoting an APPLE diet... are you ready? Eat an APPLE before every meal. Hmmm... well yes, then you will have a lot less space for more fattening stuff! Your tax dollars at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear things are getting cleared up with the financial stuff I'm sure that will be a huge weight off you. Yea, the whole H2O thing is funny lol. Hope it starts cooling off there soon for you. I had gestational diabetes with Marie, all it did was made me eat really well and lose 25 lbs so I'm sure your daughter will be fine. Did you get to take the boys this weekend? If so hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you and your daughter.

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman