Dreaming

Ok this is going to be a random crazy post. Since I got clean I have vivid crazy dreams. Almost every night. I have been experiencing "high anxiety" for the past few days. Last night I had a dream that I was in prison and that was bad enough. Then it became apparent to me that I was going to executed. For a crime I didn't commit. Talk about some high anxiety. I felt sheer terror. Then at the last minute it was given a reprieve. I felt sheer relieve. I woke up and the 1st thing that came to my mind was...See things could be worse. I reminded myself that real life is pretty good. The anxiety is a little better. I have created this anxiety. Nursed it and allowed it control me. There really is nothing "new" that has triggered this latest wave. Just the same old concerns.

I have used this anxiety as an excuse to eat. I am hoping that I have seen the last of this panic feeling for awhile. I am going to clean out the fridge, plan out my food, make a list and go do some food shopping. Got in 4 miles this morning. Had to break out the long sweats and the hat and gloves. I have been waiting months for this weather!

So I am going to allow myself to relax. Worry clutters my mind and makes it hard for me to think straight. Getting back on track with my eating and drink the H20. If I have learned anything, it's that this really will pass. I just need to hang on and ride it out. Thanks Roxie for reminding that there will be more Mountain Top experiences

Keep the mood and the food real...............

Comments

  1. Glad you're hanging in there Dana. I know making a plan for me works too. Hope you can get to feeling less anxious. I know the feeling well and it's not a fun place to be. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spoke of worry cluttering your mind and preventing you from thinking. I agree that this is a major obstacle, probably for many many people in a wide variety of circumstances. That's why I advocate for stolen quiet moments throughout the day for breathing. Deliberate deep breaths seem to clear things out a little bit and make worry disintegrate just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. Anxiety dreams. I hate those. For me, anxiety is a root issue or at least a reaction to any sort of stressor.

    I hope you find a way to find a little healthy relief for today. ODAAT, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot going on in your life, you will get back on track with food, too. You will.

    Love the picture of GS with the dinosaur. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you calming thoughts and thoughts NOT to worry about the food.
    Getting off our (collective) path is, IMO, all part of the process called life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman