Looking Forward

Good Morning! I had a good Thanksgiving. Ate too much and it has spilled over into this week. Eating isn't the best. In fact it has been pretty crappy. I am fighting going to the food store. It's like I don't want to have good stuff in the house to eat so I have an excuse to do take out. which I really can't afford anyway. Stupid. This is another thing. My Little Lady takes meds to increase her appetite. So she is really enjoying her food. What else does she have, right?? Well she get her feels hurt if I don't join her. I don't give in every time, but I do more then I want to. I plan on having good for me snacks on hand so I am not eating crappy ice cream bars. Again, fighting going food shopping. Just the thought of making a list freaks me out. Oh Addiction how you baffle me!

It's been close to freezing the past few days. No biking to work in the morning...brrr. Waling Buddies were not available for early morning. I think I have walked maybe 2 times in the past 5 days. Not so good for Dana. It is 34 degrees this morning. No walking this morning either. I am going to "make" myself walk after I get finished this morning with the Little Lady this morning. She wants to go to the police auction. She cracks me up. That just seemed so random. Load up the wheelchair, we're going to police auction...lol. Welcome to my world.

I am setting an intention of really enjoying the season. Those who been reading for a while know that I don't really get into the holidays. My hubs died on Christmas day and my dad died 2 weeks later. Since that time I have really had a hard time during the holidays. It's all I can do to pull a 3 foot tree out of a box and slap a few bulbs on it. The lights are already done...lol. I am not going to force myself, but I am going to focus on the reason for the season. I have almost all my shopping done. I am not going over board. I just buy what my daughter tells me. She is bargain whiz!! Plus she forced me to start early. Love that Kid! I am going to a production of Christmas Carole that my friend's daughter is in Thursday. Should be fun. Going to have my annual Temple Lights and Soup Party. Lots of fun things to look forward to.

Haven't been the best blogging friend. Reading, but too lazy to comment. I am still trying to get back into the groove. I just am going to focus maintaining. I feel that's doable. I need to find another walking routine. Shake things up alittle. I am behind on my podcasts, so I think walking later, when it's light, is the way to go. It's just if I don't get it done 1st thing, I tend to flake out. So I just need to trick myself into new habit. Yes, I said trick. I make deals with myself. Do you know what I'm talking about??

Anyway, I am off to clean up and check out my 1st police auction! Keep the mood and the food real..............

Comments

  1. I know exactly what your talking about. I make deals with myself all time. I figure whatever gets me out the door right? You do need to find another routine . The seasons can really throw a kink in things can't they. But then spring in summer all i do is complain about the heat. I'm just never satisfied. LOL!

    Tweak your routine. Bring some healthy snacks to eat while the Lady is eating her stuff. Plan ahead. You can do this. Remember We Can Do Hard Things! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I love the idea of the two of you going to the police auction?

    I'm with you on being a bad blogging friend (not that I think you are - lol) but while I've been reading, I'm not saying much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little lady sounds like a blast - I need to take a page from her book and get out there and experience all the crazy things that life has to offer!

    It's ok to just read blogs - I think when obligation to comment all the time edges in, it becomes a chore and that is not why we blog, right?

    Oh, and I bargain with myself all the time. From vacuuming to exercise, I am all about the carrot and stick.

    I'm glad you posted - I always enjoy a peek into your life, Dana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny about the police auction does she need some kevlar? lol I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what. I have been behind with blogging too. Not sure I will get to catch up over the holidays though. Glad you're doing ok and maintaining through the holidays I say is a great thing. I do know all about making deals with myself lol. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I am all about the TRICKING IN TO NEW HABITS.

    whatever works huh?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to be on the audience side of a police auction, right?
    :)
    And about the trick - it's ALL tricks, at the end of the day.
    We either trick ourselves with denial. Or with something better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you buying at a police auction??? Nothing leftover from a drug bust, I hope! LOL!

    Christmas is always hard for me too, I usually just try to make it through with my sanity. If I can achieve that, I feel as if I've really accomplished something. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman