Sweet Serendipity

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be grateful for. My family, and friends. My job and my church family. I am grateful for a car to drive. I am grateful I am able to support myself and stay in my home. I am grateful for my church. I am grateful to know where I come from, why I am here. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior. I am grateful for the knowledge that I don't have to be perfect to be loved and blessed. I am grateful that life isn't fair. I would be screwed.

After my visit to a new patient last night I am grateful for the very breath I take. This woman has a degenerative lung disease and she is slowly suffocating. It's like trying to take a deep breath thru a straw. I can't even imagine the terror of that. They keep her pretty well medicated, but my heart goes out to her and her family. She is a courageous woman. She has an exceptional family. I am grateful for mine and my families health.

I may not be at my "goal" weight but I am grateful to be aware of the food I eat. I know that there will be good days and bad days. I have been better with food this week. I haven't missed walking and have tried to ride the bike if I am going anywhere within a 2 mile radius.

Thanksgiving dinner will be at a friend's house. My son is going with his GF's family and my SIL has to work ( working at a prison is a 24/7 job ), so it will just be my daughter this Gkids and me. This way way don't have to cook. Just help with clean up. I can't really cook, but I can scrub a mean turkey roaster. I am doing my own 5K after my Little Lady this morning. We decided to skip the Turkey Trot and just walk somewhere pretty. It's going to be a BEAU-tiful day here in the desert. I wasn't able to give up my morning shift. I like money....lol. So we are getting a later start.

I have been LOVING this new song byLee DeWyze. Sweet Serendipity. It speaks to me. It's joyful. Goggle it! Dance and be joyful!

Thank you to all of my blog family. As always, you have my heart. You are all a major part of my life. I think of you and your lives. Mostly though I think of your examples. I am so grateful to have found this group of friends.

Keep the mood and the food real.............gratefully!

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Dana. It's even a blessing to know that we're blessed beyond measure. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our days are always better than the patient's days, right?
    It can make for a very grateful Nurse!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Dana - I always appreciate your gratitude posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana
    Thank you for the reminder that having our health is so important.

    I'm with Shelley and Anne...I too appreciate your posts of gratitude.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family...lucky lady you!

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always nice to be thankful. Love you too Dana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman