Attitude Adjustment

I need to post today cause I didn't do it yesterday. I promised I would post something everyday. So, yesterday was kind of a tough day. My Little Lady is just as anxious and agitated as she can be. This in turn makes me nervous and stresses out. I have enjoyed going back and forth all day. I was able to settle her and leave for an hour or so at a time. Since the beginning of the week that has become less and less possible. So I stay. Her house is a horder's house. It's dark and kind of gloomy. Anyway. Today I am getting her out of the house. I am going to go for a long car ride. That seems to settle her down. I feel like a new mother driving around to get her baby to sleep. The weather has been so great, and I need to ride the bike back and forth at least once. And for crying out loud Dana, if you need a break, call one of her kids. They offered, you should take them up on it.

Food has just been ok. No drive-thrus. I was down a couple of lbs on the scale, but the new"official" WI day is tomorrow. I need to get back into the habit of doing that. I drank a huge amount of H20 yesterday. Then ate corn chips last night....stupid. Night time seems to really be a bad for me this week. By the time I can home I am exhausted and have fall into bed. Then proceed to soothe myself with food, STOP THAT NOW! I don't mind hard work, but DAMN. I am working from 5am to 6pm. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for this job. I will make the best of it. And I really do love her and her family. Smile Dana. Smile. Don't grin and bear it. Make it a labor of love. That will change my attitude. It usually does. Make it fun. Do fun things with her.

Walking has been right on. Feeling good about that. Having that walking buddy sounding board and doing the right thing first thing in the morning has been my redeeming choice for the past 10 days. Haven't missed. Excuse me while I break my arm patting myself on the back...lol.

Well I am going to get dressed and pray and then I am walking out the door with a smile on my face and a song in my heart......

Keep the mood and the food real.......

Comments

  1. Take a break, Dana!
    Get outta there for a moment in time.
    And come back all refreshed!
    Here - let me help with the pats on the back!
    Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work you do is the hardest. We hired a lady to live with my mil (age 91) and I don't know how she does it. Take advantage of the family's offer. Believe me, they need you more than you need them. I agree with you that walking is the best. I use the treadmill now but can't wait for spring to get outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That in-person support of your walking group is so important. There's only so much we can do from out here. It sounds like you are doing really well - other than working too hard.

    And I think it's okay to acknowledge that what you are doing is hard. Enjoy your car ride today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a long time to be in a dark, disheveled house...definitely take some breaks! Hope Miss Daisy enjoys her ride today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely if they've offered to take over so you can have a break take the offer! Take some you time, you definitely deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana you are not stupid for eating corn chips. You sounded tired and a bit demoralized and I know that when that happens, I am totally at risk for salt and fat.

    I am inspired by No Drive Thru for the week. WAY TO GO. Drive Thru Restaurants are the Crack Cocaine Dealers of the world. Those of use who are going too fast and doing too much are the most at risk.

    Here's a big hug. Take a break honey. You deserve it.

    xoxoxo GP (Vee)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about staying on track and getting your attitude right toward a healthier lifestyle was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about living the moment for what it's worth and allowing yourself to set and reach your goals. I am adding you to my favorites. Since you and your readers are interested in health and fitness, we thought you would like to check out our ab workout machine called The AbStand. The AbStand is a full-body workout machine that provides an easy way for you to keep your New Year's resolution! Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman