GOING DOWN....slowly but surely

I managed to loose 1 lb this week. For not really working it I will be very happy. I am very close to Onederland. I think I am going to skip walking today. Or just walk a couple of miles. I hate to leave crazy L.L. alone, but I might if I feel like she will be ok for 30 mins. Tomorrow will be a long walk. Then I am going to watch my 5 year Gson play football. It will my S.I.L.'s baptism tomorrow. He asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost, so I am going to work on that today at work.

Yesterday I asked L.L.'s son to give us both blessings. I need some Divine Intervention. It seemed to go better. She wasn't any less crazy, it's just I seemed to endure it better. I tried to detach from the begging and insisted on doing what "I" (the professional) thought was best. She was very upset, but it was a quite rage. Her son was there and he just did what I did. So she was mad at both of us. Better she be mad then in a paranoid delusion. It's sad and it just makes me nervous to see her that way. Anyway, we have a meeting with the Hospice nurses today. I am going to suggest an anti-anxiety med. We'll see what happens. We are changing my start time to 7 am. That way I can walk before I go and I don't have to leave her alone. I am happy about that. They are shortening the day by an hour as well. At least this is the plan.

I am really happy with the fact that my weight is going down instead of up. I am pleased with the fact that I am not letting anything sideline me from my marathon goal. I called Dawn yesterday. She is kind of down. I was glad that I called, but disappointed I could make her feel better. LOL. I have the power.....lol. I really need to get my pride under control. Don't know why I thought of Dawn, maybe because her and her hubs just did their own half marathon. She always inspires me!

Have a good weekend! Keep the mood and the food real...............

Comments

  1. Let's hope everyone gets some peace soon. Congratulations on your losses. You sound pretty upbeat - but then, you always do.

    Enjoy your family this weekend. I know you are so proud of them.


    Re: Mortensen - it was very enjoyable - although mostly he just showed a film. I think he's a better writer/activist than a speaker! But he does do such fine, important work and I was very happy to get to see him.

    Stuff like that is hard to find sometimes. We have an online guide that shows lots of stuff, but I also look at museums, libraries, local universities for their events, as well. That's where my activity calendar comes in handy. I look at what's out there, plug in the interesting stuff so I'll have it at hand. I have to make the effort to sit down and track all this stuff down. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first priority is my food and not going into the "food coma," too!
    Or maybe if it's a short pause, just a food COMMA!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow is great. And sometimes slow is our best that moment and that's OK.

    Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Hospice nurse can help - and why is it so much harder to tell an adult "no" than it is to tell a child? Either circumstance, you are doing the correct thing...

    Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a slow and steady loser and believe me that is juts fine. Have a great weekend! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work on the weight loss in spite of life. Hope the hospice nurses can help...

    Have a nice weekend!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All day, every day, the two mainstays of Hospice meds are Roxanol and Lorazepam! Where would we be without them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Dana! Your courage with your sweet LL is inspiring. Poor LL, reminds me of my mother who died last year. I'm with Anne's suggestion of Roxanol and Lorazepam (or any of the benzodiazipines). She is "sun downing" - where she just gets delirious when the sun goes down, but is much more clear in the AM. Perhaps some extra help in the late afternoons can get you through this.

    xoxox GP

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way - I have a blog award for you!
    ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman