In the midst

I am in the midst of a GeGe weekend. The kids came over Friday night while Mom and Dad went out to eat. The girls stayed over Friday and the boys slept over last night. We are going to go to the bird Park before church. I took the girls to see Tangled. It was so cute. She is my new fave Disney character. She had spunk! Then instead of going to the movie with the boys they wanted to buy fish. So I did. We had a ball bringing them home and setting things up. Then we went to the park till dark. Then we went and checked up on the Little Lady. They love her little black dog, Raven. I have really enjoyed my weekend. I have really missed the sleep overs. I haven't had one in a long time.

Next Saturday my SIL is getting baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He made the decision after his new son was given a name blessing. The 7 year old is due to get baptised in June and he wanted to be able to do that baptism. SIL is a great man. I tell him that I won't ever get marrried cause he has shown me what a good husband is like. There aren't alot of good guys out there. I won't settle this next time around...if there ever is a next time...lol.

I got in a 4 miler yesterday morning. It was like old times. Both buddies walked. Food not so good. But I haven't abused food. No food coma like last weekend. I ate myself into oblivion last weekend. I will ok with that. I only had small amounts of crap food. Been trying to catch up with all my fave blogs. I forget what a wealth of info and support I get from this.

Enjoy your Sunday! Keep the mood and the food real.......

Comments

  1. I love how much you enjoy your grandkids - you are a wonderful grandma, Dana! :)

    Glad this has been a better weekend, food-wise. And 4 miles? Fantastic! Sounds like things are turning around for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to spend the day.... walking and easting less junk!
    And family time! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana - Your post reminds me of how much I want grandchildren! Since none of my 3 are currently dating anyone - I guess it'll be awhile.

    Your long walks are great. That is by far my favorite form of exercise but we have so much snow and ice on the ground that it's a little risky to get out and try to work up to a brisk pace. Soon - and then I'll be complaining about the heat!

    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have a good 'man-model' to evaluate our own standards by...too cool.


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful weekend your having!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman