Advice Please

TGIF! I am happy to report that I am happier. Things haven't really changed, but the way I responding to things have changed. I am going back to Mrs H's today. I am not dreading it. I really am just happy to be making some cash. Yesterday I went and started the admissions process for school. I have an appointment with an adviser in a couple of weeks, but think that I will take a morning and sit for a couple of hours so I can be seen sooner. I am getting excited that I am following through on something! I am still waiting for the papers to come back from the court so I can start applying for a real job. I am still enjoying having a clean head, and I have not had an urge since I have returned. I still feel very motivated to maintain my recovery.

One thing that is bothering me is my thighs. They still ache like the dickens from the training session from last week. I put in a really good walk yesterday. 15 min miles. I did 3 miles. This morning I just felt so achey that I did a slow 30 mins, though I did do 1.5 miles. I didn't want to go at all. So I compromised. I am going to get my money's worth from that Groupon :) I want to do some more strength training but I don't want to be so sore that it hurts to sit down. Any suggestions from any of you. Should I take a day off? Or just plug along? Advice please.

Tomorrow is my Gson's baptism. Very excited for that. It will be an awesome day for my little family. I have a lot to be grateful for, I have decided to try to maintain an attitude of gratitude.

Keep the mood and the food real........

Comments

  1. Well. I feel your pain and share your fear.

    These are just shots in the dark, but here is my advice. Make sure you are good and warmed up before you do strength exercises. It helps to prevent some of the sore. A little cardio after helps too. And of course stretching.

    The walking was a good idea. Anything to keep blood flowing will help that ache. And after time the soreness will go away if you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the walking/stretching is probably the best thing.

    I'm so glad that things are breaking your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that trainers generally recommend that you take a day between strength training to give your muscles a chance to heal. There's been a lot of debate about whether stretching afterwards helps, but recent research shows that stretching BEFORE can cause injury.

    On the other hand, keeping moving helps keep you from getting too stiff, so I'd say, alternate your cardio and strength training days. Or alternate strength training with walking. Keep moving every day, but every day you don't have to beat the dickens out of your thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great outlook right now. Good for you!

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Girly!!!

    You know i have to add my two cents! LOL! I suggest! .... walking or cardio) every other day and strength train on the days in between. Giving your muscles time to recover in between is just as important as the actual strength training. Dring water too!!! Strength training will make you retain water so drink more to help flush that out. And most of all have patience with yourself, don't over do. This is about loving yourself , being good to yourself not beating yourself up. A good rule of thumb is you should be able to do 10 reps with what ever weight you are using. If you can't do that much you are lifting too heavy, if you can do waaay more than 10 then you are lifting too light. If you don't want to skip a weight lifting day then workout your upper body one day and your lower body the next. You go girl!Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What they said - every other day works best. Like legs one day, arms the next...and if you're like me, your dang legs are going to be sore for about 5 days. Sorry! It sucks, but eventually it won't be as bad. AND, you'll have wonderfully toned and strong muscles, yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe some stretching - or a roller -
    like tennis balls...It really helps to get the knots out!
    I also like Bio-Freeze and lots of baths!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman