A Clean Slate!

Well I got the letters in the mail over the weekend and all my charges have been set aside. I have all my rights returned. I can vote or even carry a gun if I wanted to. Not that I really want to. I can't thank my sister enough for hooking me up with that lawyer that helped me. It made me think, why didn't I do that a long time ago. Did I feel that I wasn't worth it? It didn't cost me a cent. That was the major draw back. That was my excuse. I didn't even really check into it. I have let my past define me for way to long. I am going to make it a priority to focus on my future. I am going to focus on feeling like I am worth every good thing that I deserve and I know that Heavenly Father wants me to have. I am going to try and not be my own worst enemy.

You know sometimes pride is a tricky thing. It doesn't always have to be thinking your the best of the best. It can also be thinking that you are the worst of the worst. Pride in reverse. I am not the the best or the worst. I have made it my "thing" to be the bad girl, at times. Now I have stripped myself of the one label that I have let hold me back for over 10 years. It's time to move on. I don't know what the future will bring. However I plan on doing my best to give myself all the opportunities I deserve. I am in a position now to start over. Doing nothing is really doing something. It has it's consequences. I don't want to live life by default anymore. I am going to explore my options and then press forward. I am setting a goal to be proactive.

I have a busy week this week. Today I am taking a new lady today to get her hair done then to the doctors. Then it's out to my daughter's house to sit while they take the boys to see Harry Potter. Tuesday it's Mrs. H and then Wednesday I have a house cleaning job that pays great and isn't that hard of work. Going to get a walk in at the gym right after I get my reading and meditation done. Going to really start to put a little more time into listening after my reading. For direction.

I am also going to try not to let my room mate's behavior effect me so much. I can't live her life, hell I can barely live my own. I need a room mate right now, and she really is just doing HER best. Just like I am just trying to do MY best. Live and let live. Funny how when I feel out of control, I focus on others and how I think they should live their live. Foolish Dana, just foolish.

Here's to me and my new CLEAN SLATE! Keep the mood and the food real..............

Comments

  1. BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!
    YAY!

    About the roomie - we really are all doing the best we can!
    Good thing to keep in mind - when things seem to go from bad to worse!

    Clean Slates ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana, that is truly such wonderful, wonderful news. I do understand that "awfulizing" - I do it too. And then when I realize I could have been over whatever it was a long, long time ago - well, then I just feel foolish. Yep, that "pride" thing. I've got it, too.

    I couldn't be more pleased for you. As a matter of fact, you have just made my day.

    Big hugs to you - and I'll share my prayer/meditation with you when your roommate gets on your very last nerve - Bless them; change me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you feel lighter than air! I am very happy that all this has worked out. Love what Roxie said... "Bless them, change me." Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just awesome news Dana - congratulations on your rebirth!!! To get a clean slate is a wonderful thing, and I know you are going to make the most of this. GO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman