Live Your Best Life

Good Monday morning. I have lots on tap this week. A resume class. A meeting with an adviser for school. Walking. Food shopping. Yoga. Personal training session. This morning I am going to focus on prayer and meditation. Especially the meditation. I really need to learn to slow down and listen and think things through. I was reading Roxie's blog this morning and my mantra this week is going to be "don't believe everything you feel".

In church yesterday I read a story about an ancestor that loss her mother and father by the age of 6. She then was part of a handcart company that left to late in the season and got caught in an early winter. This little girl loss both her legs just below the knee and learned to walk on her stumps. She made her living by sewing with a treadle machine. Raised 8 children, loosing 2 of them to disease. I woke up with the "self pities" yesterday morning. Prayed for an attitude of gratitude. After I read that story I told the congregation "mission accomplished". I am going to continue to pray for graditude. I feel so much better when I feel grateful and see God's love for me.

Food wasn't great. I couldn't make myself go food shopping. Had the Gboys over Friday night. It was a perfect overnighter. We went to see Cars 2. Very cute. Lots of swimming. Went for ice cream with my niece and her cuz. Movie popcorn ect ect ect. Then Saturday night was my SIL's Bday. We went to Benihana's for dinner. I had never been before. Had the scallops. They cook the food at the table. LOTS of butter. Had a nice time with just they adults. Well and the little guy. He is 9 months. Growing up too fast. So smiley.

Talked with my sister yesterday. They had another earthquake in Japan. She said she didn't feel anything. I am always amazed when I am the one to tell her she was in an earthquake. I have really enjoyed her daughter this summer. She has been here all summer long.

It's a new week and a new chance to live my best life. I loved what Roxie said about the difference between and good day and a bad day is a day. So true. So here's to the best week ever! Still staying on track with my recovery. Truth be told, it has been easier then I thought it was going to be. Funny how fear of something being too hard can hold me captive. Ok, it's not funny, it's damn sad. I am holding on to that FACT. I can do hard things!

Keep the mood and the food real.............

Comments

  1. To add to Roxie's wisdom, my sponsor reminds I don't have to believe every thought that comes into my head, either! Tricky, but true.

    Your post gave me a little jolt about determining that today will be a good day if I strive to see things in a positive light. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling a bit down today and your post made me feel better because I do know I have plenty to be grateful for. Hope you have a great week. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! Stories like that realy help put things in perspective don't they? It's easy to lose sight of the blessings we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your optimism - "it's a new week and a new chance to live my best life" just made me smile. Things are looking great for you, Dana, and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman