Sleep....I need some

Ok here's the deal. I am not sleeping very well. At all. It's the withdrawl coupled with the fact that I am not in my own bed and that makes my back hurt. Boo freakin hoo.I know. This too shall pass. I know that but it doesn't make it suck any less. However, that is all I have to complain about this morning. :)

I have had a glorious morning this morning. I listened to music instead of podcasts this morning and it really got me pepped up. I don't listen to music as much as used to. I just feel there are more important things to listen to. Stuff that will teach and enlighten me. This morning music is just what I needed. I also RAN this morning. Not far but it was up hill and boy did I feel the altitude! I really was huffing and buffing. Then I got in the car to see how far I walked/ran this morning. I took a different route with more hills. 2.5 miles. While in the car I turned up the music and went for a drive. Then I sang. At the top of my lungs! Thank goodness I did this in the privacy of my own car. Man it felt good!

I am really working hard on my recovery handbook and though I don't feel like I am gaining any new and improved insights, I am glad to be doing the work. I am concentrating on things of a spiritual nature and it does give me peace. This hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Besides the fact the I miss my kids, Gkids and my best friend. My daughter called me at least 4 times yesterday. I can't tell you all just how much I love that kid. My son text and said he missed me and so did their pooch. Then he sent me a pic of the little "princess". Made me happy and homesick all at once. Absence makes the heart grow stronger.

The hubs here continues to cook delish food. Nothing real "diet friendly" I just try not to over do it and to drink lots and lots of water. I have been pushing myself on my walks. I have been feeling a little bloated, but it's ok. Sometimes a change in altitude will make me swell. I need to just remember to focus and the BIG picture. Clothes all still fit the same as they did a week ago. So I will take comfort in that.

My niece is coming south from the Provo area to visit a friend in a neighboring town and is going to drop by for lunch tomorrow. I am excited that she even thought to call and ask me. She really made my day yesterday when she told me she was coming. The friend I am staying with has a family reunion tomorrow. 350 people are expected. Holy Cow! Her family came down through the hole in the rock to settle this area the late 1800's. Lots of great stories of faith and determination. Then the big 4th of July celebration on Monday.

Everyone have a great weekend and Keep the mood and the food real..................

Comments

  1. Except for the lack of sleep, you sound like you're doing really good - I'm so pleased for you!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - Happy 4th!
    Stay cool, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time Dana! I am going to email you over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman