Won't get fooled again!

Happy Saturday! Yesterday was interesting. My lunch with my friend's from my old work didn't turn out the way I planned. They planned to get drunk. Me?? Not so much. I felt bad but I was feeling like the odd man out, so I left them there and one of the girls had her hubs pick them up. Oh, and if your trying to get rid of a resentment against the old work, going out with people still employed by them isn't the way to do it. I love my "girl" that I worked in the office with. I love her like my own kid. Seriously! She has every right to drink. I just felt weird. It's no fun being the only sober one. She understood. I will get with her and her kids another time.

I am feeling overly sensitive. Looking for a reason to get pissed. Maybe looking for a reason to smoke or binge?? DUH! I have had to apologize to few people for being so crabby. I can hardly stand myself at times since I have been home. At least I am acknowledging my feelings, owning them and taking responsibility for them. Both good and bad. I probably need another blessing to get rid of these resentful feelings. I know where they are coming and I am not going to be fooled by the Adversary

This morning I went to the gym. Missed the spin class though. Walked for 60 mins. I have got to get my time better. I didn't even walk a full 3 miles. Then I went to water aerobics at a friend of a friend's. That was fun. Food was not so good last night. Pizza and then I wasn't satisfied with that I went and got a fish taco when the movie was over. Today is a new day and I went food shopping and eating will be better. Water has been pretty good. I have an appointment with a personal trainer on Monday. That should be interesting.

Hanging in there and trying to be present in the moment. If you don't succeed....try try again. I called Dawn and talked to her yesterday. She is recouping from her body lift. Bless her heart. She is so upbeat and I just feel like I connect with her. Love your guts Dawn! This afternoon I am taking my niece out and teaching her how to drive in an empty parking lot. It's my Bday gift to her. That and frozen yogurt. Then this evening I am going to a church dinner thing.


Have a great weekend and keep the mood and the food real..................

Comments

  1. Dana,

    I know things are tought right now.....i can 'hear' it in your 'voice'. But i don't think i've ever met a more tenacious woman than you. You'll pull through this i know you will. Have you tried meditation??? May sound silly i know but i'm a big advocate of it. Maybe just start with 5 min.....calm yourself, breathe and plan your day. Having a plan or a direction for your day is so important. Then take your morning walk.....remember how much you love walking in the bird sanctuary i think it was......get back to yourself....hugs...deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head with "looking for a reason" - don't look too hard, as there is always a reason to do something we shouldn't.

    Hang in there, and have a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's to a better and rocking day today.
    and I have to add how LUCKY Dawn is to call you Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with Carla I'm so lucky to call you a friend. With all you have going on it just so sweet you've been calling me I really really appreciate it. Just makes me happy to hear your voice. Hugs and love my friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman