BEST WEEKEND EVER

Good Tuesday morning! This past weekend was one of the best ever. First on Saturday I went for a long walk. Felt so GREAT! I forgot just how much I love my walks. Then on Saturday I went to see the movie Tower Heist. I loved it. Just what I was looking for, mindless fun where the Wall Street asshole gets his just desserts. The funniest part to me was when Mathew Broderick tried to go all bad ass on Eddie Murphy's character. It still makes me laugh. It wasn't that of a great movie, but it was just what needed. Then we came back and between 2 different friends I finished my Excel homework. I was just so grateful to have that over with. I took the practice test and another CT test. Real test is today, so I just hope I am ready. Not going to beat myself up. I did my best. If I don't get an A in Excel, I am not going to cry. I have decided that I am going to go ahead and go to the next level of Mircosoft next semester. The teacher really had to hurry us through this semester because our start date was 2 weeks late because of construction, which is still going on, BTW. I felt a lot better, when my friend that uses Excel everyday had no clue on some of the stuff too. Didn't feel so stupid :)

Then Sunday was another LONG walk. I went out and earned a little money helping a friend get her Mom's house ready for a estate sale. Then it was down to see the Gkids. Every year the children of every congregation in my church does a program. Sunday was my Gkids program. PURE JOY!!! I was so proud of them and so proud of my daughter. She is a teacher with the kids and really did a lot to help with the program. Then my SIL was ordained an Elder in what we call the priesthood. We believe this God's power here on earth. Just another step in getting his family to the temple. My heart was so full that day. My emotions have been right on the surface lately so I was a weeper that day. Good weeping.

Bad news is my Dr. appointment yesterday. The new cheaper cholesterol med isn't working, at all. In fact I am back in the dangerous level of triglycerides. So it's back to the other med and the Dr. said the my sugar is a smidgen high. He told me to lose 20-30 lbs. Gee, thanks Doc! I have to admit that my weigh has gone up about 5 lbs since that 188 lbs a few weeks back. So I walked out of there thinking, CRAP! If it's not one thing, it's another. I guess it's back to putting my nose to the grindstone and stop maintaining and do some real loosing!! Back to basics.

Well I best end this. I still have a quick essay to write. I can't believe this semester is so close to being over. Hope that all of you have a great week. I have really tried to keep up with my most fave bloggers, but man, it's hard!

Keep the mood and the food real.............

Comments

  1. You sound so happy! Even with the not-fun stuff, like Excel (seriously, that is a challenging program!) and the doctor (ack, 20 more pounds?!?), your attitude is upbeat and I bet everyone around you picks up on that...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES sound like a great weekend! So happy for you. :)

    Dang doctors. I hate it when they say lose weight. Especially when they're overweight! LOL

    Love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman