to be continued.......

This is my daughter and her family.  Last week was wonderful.  I loved spending time with my sister and brother-in-law. The temple experience was awesome.  I am so glad I was able to be there.  A year ago I won't have been able to.  Things have changed in the past year. 

I am 30 lbs heavier for one thing.  I went to stupid Burger King last night.  I didn't want to, but there I ended up.  This is my addict behavior in full force.  I haven't walked in ages either :(  What do they say.....something about a body in motion stays in motion??  I know from past experience that I have START.  I can't wait for the time to be right. I have to do it, even though I don't want to.  Then after I start I will continue.  Yet here I sit at this computer,  wasting my "cool" time of the day.  Heat advisory today, it's suppose to get up to 108 degrees today.  YIKES.  That conveniently eliminates they rest of the day.....so no walking. 

I keep doing this to myself.

 I wake up feeling bloated and achy.  Self abuse, why do I do it??  I need to start by doing just one right thing.  Today it will be to drink H20.  Haven't been doing that either.  It's so easy to  stop and so hard to restart.  My thinking is all messed up.  I am mad at myself, which cause me to continue the abuse.  A vicious cycle, that must be broken.  I know what to do. I must let the past go and start fresh.  The time is today.

to be continued...............keep the mood and the food real...............  

Comments

  1. So glad to hear from you - I was getting concerned. You know how to right this ship - you've done it before and you can do it again - just the next right thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about blogging every day, to keep yourself accountable? Of course, blogging AFTER your walk (which I know you used to love so much)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with shelley but just because it works for me

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I miss this post. Lovely picture of the family. Glad you've been enjoying your time with family. I know about the self abuse, just take it one day at a time, start right now :) I'm here if you need me. *big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to tough days. Kids home for the summer and temperature rising means I have days when the outdoor walk I crave just can't happen before dark low energy time. I have a solution. It's not ideal. It's a second choice backup plan. But walk at home videos can at least get you some movement/activity in for 30 min a day. It's worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! We sound like the same person. I've gained 40 pounds in the last seven months, quit the gym, quit eating right, even quit drinking water. I keep waiting for my "Start" button to click on. This is definitely hard.

    Same results as you too, wake up feeling awful. Bloaty and achy. Not a good way to live a life.

    I could have written this post.

    Today will be another attempt at getting it right. You and me both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does this summer seem so hard in terms of eating well and exercising? Maybe because it's so hot!! Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Contentment at last

Dana Does Cancer

A Traditionally Built Woman